HS200: Keeps resetting to green/orange setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-26 15:08:15
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Currently have 18 Kasa smart switches in use in my house (HS200/210/220).   Recently installed an HS200 for my bathroom fan, replacing a standard 110V toggle switch.  I also have two HS220 dimmers in this same electrical box for bathroom lights.

The HS200 switch will occasionally reset itself and show the blinking green/orange wifi light (total of 4 times over 1 month so far).  The most recent occured after I manually turned the switch on.  A few minutes later it was in setup mode again (blinking green/orange).  I believe the three prior disconnects/resets all occured while the switch was off..  Each time I have had to remove the missing switch in the Kasa app, and then I add this switch back in with no issues.  This most recent disconnect/reset occured after two weeks of proper use.

Connection strength is shown as -38 dBm for the HS200 with the issue.  The other two HS220's in the same box show -59 dBM and -63 dBM.  Note router is literally 10 feet away.

Thoughts?   Out of 18 switches, this is the only one that has given me any issues.  I've been using the switches for 6 months.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200: Keeps resetting to green/orange setup
2020-10-27 17:57:27

@cz9h3d 

I found that loosening the bottom screw that goes into the wall has solved this for me.

Options
Re:HS200: Keeps resetting to green/orange setup
2020-10-27 21:37:20

@BlackVirus Good idea!  If nothing else during this experience, I've learned that paddle/rocker switches are a PITA to actually allign with each other and the wall plate (I now appreciate toggles much more!).  And the Kasa reset buttons are super sensitive. Perhaps it's getting activated on an infrequent basis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1383

Replies: 2

Related Articles