Ideas to improve the Tapo App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 16:01:29 - last edited 2020-11-09 11:42:44
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hey there,

I just bought a C200. Amazing product, congrats.

I think the Tapo App could be improved with some additional functionalities, maybe you can pass them along to the App Product Team to assess feasibility. Thank you.

- IFFTT integration.

- Privacy mode managed with Alexa or Google Home ("Alexa, turn on privacy mode on living room camera", etc)

- Scheduled recordings should support locations and parameters (for example, from 00:00 to 07:59 use one marked location, turn on alarm/notification, motion only etc... and from 07:00 to 23:59 use another marked location with some other parameters).

- Support NAS (or Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc).

- Integrate with Alexa Guard (and the equivalent in Google), so that the device knows when i'm home or not and does specific things on that mode (change to a particular marked location, with some parameters, etc).

- This is not an app improvement, but more a camera one... give it the ability to track/follow objects (potentially paired with schedule/marked locations)

- Marked locations should have different "Activity zones" (when looking outside the window i want it not to monitor the trees movement but when it's looking inside i want it to monitor everything).

- Alarm / notifications scheduled. Right now is all the time or never.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ideas to improve the Tapo App
2020-11-09 02:17:53

@MarinR 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback.

We would be happy to report your feedbacks to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And as for NAS support, did you mean to save the motion detected video clip to the NAS directly, not the SD card?

Alarm / notifications scheduled, Tapo C200 has supported custom schedule for camera alarm and please refer to the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Ideas to improve the Tapo App
2020-11-09 10:05:57 - last edited 2020-11-09 10:18:19

@Brook Hey Brook,

Thanks for the reply and the link to the alarm/notification schedule.

Regarding the first question, yes, NAS instead of SD. Having the SD on the camera is a bit of a security compromise as a robber or any other person can just remove it and data lost. A NAS is a better solution for on-site secure location. The best solution undoubtedly is a cloud solution, which you may offer and if not, pretty much everyone has a Google Drive or similar account this days.... up to several TBs in space.... that guarantees that the video is always secure on an off-site location. All of them have API's available that you can use to write videos there as standard files.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 639

Replies: 2

Related Articles