HS103 and KP400 smart plugs "flashing" (resetting) for 1 second randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS103 and KP400 smart plugs "flashing" (resetting) for 1 second randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
46 Reply
Re:HS103 and KP400 smart plugs "flashing" (resetting) for 1 second randomly
2021-01-10 03:38:48

@TP-Link 

Created this account to say I'm having the same issue with all 5 HS103's I purchased last month. They will randomly flicker off then on. Real pain in the butt when I used one to control the power to my 3d printer and it killed the print halfway through.

I might still be able to return these back to Amazon and get some Wyze ones if there isn't a fix for this :(

Options
2021-01-10 03:43:41

bugbbq wrote

@TP-Link 

Created this account to say I'm having the same issue with all 5 HS103's I purchased last month. They will randomly flicker off then on. Real pain in the butt when I used one to control the power to my 3d printer and it killed the print halfway through.

I might still be able to return these back to Amazon and get some Wyze ones if there isn't a fix for this :(

@bugbbq I am using many TP-Link Kasa products since 2017 without a single issue, they are extremely reliable and the Kasa App is really well done, I had several other brands of smarts plugs/switches over the time and sold them all to replace with more TP-Link Kasa devices. My personnal advice would be to keep them and hopefully TP-Link will find the solution soon... I am exchanging email with them almost every days for the past few weeks and they really want to find the solution of this issue.

Options
2021-01-10 17:41:39 - last edited 2021-01-10 17:43:14

@SimonC. 

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm hoping for a fix, but I'm also a little worried about the lack of response I'm seeing from TP Link about this issue.

Options
2021-01-10 18:24:13

bugbbq wrote

@SimonC. 

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm hoping for a fix, but I'm also a little worried about the lack of response I'm seeing from TP Link about this issue.

@bugbbq well I have pretty regular follow-up from TP-Link on the issue, however the thing is that they actually can't reproduce the issue inside thier test lab and they suspect that the issue is caused by something in the customer environment, such as another peripheral connected to home network than may send a command over the network that could cause the HS103 to "crash" and reboot but that doesn't affect other TP-Link Kasa products such as older smart plugs (HS105) and also wall switches are not affected.

I am currently trying to use a network packet sniffer (capture utility) on my own home network to log packets sent over the network by other peripherals and see if I can track something specific at the exact moment that the HS103 are crashing and rebooting. But it's not that easy to do because I capture a few millions packets per hour on my home network (I have a LOT of devices) and sometime the HS103 will take several hours to crash/reboot.

Options
2021-02-21 03:54:42

@SimonC. So bunch of customer that have bad environnement... come on tp-link something need to be done on your side. I have 5 hs-103 that are unusable cause on random flash. Other hs device work good

Options
Re:HS103 and KP400 smart plugs "flashing" (resetting) for 1 second randomly-Solution
2021-03-09 12:14:55 - last edited 2021-04-30 07:06:29

Update 21-04-30

Hello everyone, we have some Beta firmwares for Kasa devices auto- reboot issue, you could find the latest beta firmwares  from thread below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/262328

If your Kasa device has the same problem, you could comment on the above thread directly. 

* For maintenance purpose, new beta firmwares will be updated on the above thread in the future. 

Recommended Solution
Options