Dimmer Switches Failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dimmer Switches Failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dimmer Switches Failing
Dimmer Switches Failing
2020-11-21 06:29:43
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I'm having an issue with both my HS220 dimmer switches.  Installed them about 5 months ago and they worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago.

At least once per day, either one or both will not turn on or off either directly from the switch or with the Kasa app.

Pressing the switch does nothing and if I go into the app, the app responds as it should, but the switch does not turn on or off.

My only solution to reset it is to flip the breaker for each switch.  That corrects the issue for somewhere between a few hours to one day.

I also have an HS200 switch (non-dimmer) and it does not experience this issue.  It's only impacting the dimmer switches.

Given that it's only happening with the HS220 switches, and the issue started for both switches at the same time, I can only assume an update was pushed out and it's buggy.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their HS220 switches?

Hardware version: 2.0

Firmware version: 1.0.3

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dimmer Switches Failing
2020-12-03 23:38:46

@CL5959 

SAme problem 

installed HXS220 dimmer (from 3 pack purchased on Amazon) and it seemed to work fine for a couple of days now lights stay on regardless of swithch, app or dimmer operation 

must be turned off at breaker 

Options
2020-12-04 02:30:35

@12601 I did read something about the maximum wattage for the switches being 300W.  I currently have 12 potlights on each switch and each bulb is 50W (600W total/switch).  Also noticed the switch gets very warm if all lights are at max brightness.

Ordered new bulbs that are 7W each and I'm hoping this solves the problem of the switch not responding and being very warm to the touch. 

Options
2020-12-04 02:54:11 - last edited 2020-12-04 02:55:28

@CL5959 I purchased a HS220 from Amazon, installed it and the lights would flicker if not at 100% brightness.  At first I thought they were non dimmable bulbs.  The next day they would not turn on at all, so I pulled the bulbs and found that they were dimmable and the switch would not work.  I contacted support and the fellow was of ZERO help.  I tried your trick of resetting with breaker, but my switch is still not working.  Will not turn on at switch or with app.
These seem like junk.
Hardware - 2.0
Firmware - 1.0.3

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 3

Related Articles