TAPO P100 Smart Plug - Unable to authorise TP Link with Alexa Skill

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-26 15:13:06
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20201127 Rel. 60156

I am unable to authorise my TP-Link account with the Alexa Skill. I add the device in the Alexa app, then when asked to enter the TP LInk email and password, it simply won't go any further (it seems like it does validate the password - just then doesn't progress any further). Have tried opening in separate browser as per one of the suggested fixes, that still didn't work.

The TAPO app works fine and I can control the plugs, just can't via the Alexa app. Can someone help? 

I have previously used my phone, and Alexa app to register a device for my Dad (and used his TP-Link account - but when connected to his network). When I returned home and tried to do the same on my network, with my Alexa device (one that is built into a SONOS speaker) there was of course no Alexa skill already enabled. When I tried to do this I got the above issue and error. 

Can anyone help? Does TP Link store any data about my device that is causing this? Maybe it thinks I am trying to link two different TP-Link accounts to a single device ??

Any help would be appreciated, as if I can't control these via voice then I'm sending them back to the shop! Had nothing but issues since getting these, and have wasted half of my boxing day trying to fix issues that should have been fixed when testing the devices.

Thanks,

Steve

Options
1 Reply
Re:TAPO P100 Smart Plug - Unable to authorise TP Link with Alexa Skill
2020-12-29 02:54:21

@Neopheus 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Were you used to link the Kasa devices using the same Alexa account?

If not, can I have a picture of the step which you failed to get through?

And If possible, have you tried to log out of the current Alexa account and sign in able to have a look?

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1210

Replies: 1