TP-Link Bulb + Alexa stopped functioning

2021-01-08 14:42:48 - last edited 2021-01-12 03:39:44
Model: Tapo L510B
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Today my Smart bulb stopped working with Alexa voice control (has been working fine for about 2 weeks prior). When light switched on, it flashed twice. I reconnected it via the App to my network and the app can now switch bulb off and on but Alexa cannot.

I have reset the bulb, disabled then reenabled the skill on Alexa and set it all up from scratch again. Again works ok with the Tapo app, Alex identifies the device but cannot control it - states "Server is unresponsive."

Any ideas?

Options
2 Replies
Re:TP-Link Bulb + Alexa stopped functioning
2021-01-11 12:11:44 - last edited 2021-01-12 03:39:44

@Normski 

Turns out that all my TP_Link devices have stopped working - the smart bulb and 3 plugs. Have tried the disable skill and removing from alexa and factory reset of each device and went through all the set up again (which had worked previously) but nothing. Devices work from the TP-Link app but Alexa recognises them but states server unresponsive when trying to send any commands to them.

They are about to be dumped in a drawer and a replacement bulb (from a different manufacturer which still works in my house) is on the way.

Not very smart, not very impressed..

Options
Re:TP-Link Bulb + Alexa stopped functioning
2021-01-12 03:12:28 - last edited 2021-01-12 03:39:44

@Normski 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and could you please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. what is the model number of your home router?

2.Can I have a picture of the error message that "Server is unresponsive."

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options