TP Link Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link Smart Plug
TP Link Smart Plug
2021-01-28 14:53:33
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Ive had this device for 4 or 5 years but for last few years its sat in a drawer. Just had a "man cave" fitted & I'm looking to start using again.

Can't connect the device now though !!

I'm using a different wifi-network (and also want to change the name from its original). However, keeps failing during set up. Not sure if this is to with it previously being on another network or whether the name is causing the problem.

Note - my iphone picks up by wi-fi network fine but wont pick up the TP plug network through its wi-fi settings. Was thinking of buying another 2 or 3 of these plugs but not inclined if I cant get this one connected !

Any help would be appreciated   

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Smart Plug
2021-02-04 03:01:24

@Rusty_S 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

May I know during the setup, which steps on the APP that you could not get through?—can I have a picture of this page?

May I know the model number of your home router as well?

Have you tried to reset the HS100 by holding the system button for 10s and start again?

(Since the default Wi-Fi of HS100 has no internet and no security, during the setup, iPhone might ask whether you want to stay on this network and we might need to click yes. )

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 1

Related Articles