Not able to view live from remote devices(it shows offline on all other networks except local)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not able to view live from remote devices(it shows offline on all other networks except local)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 12:51:36
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

One month ago I bought Tapo C200 Wifi camera (IP - 192.168.0.13)and started using it (at my shop)through my mobiles hotspot. I was able to watch live stream from remote devices eg. From my mobile through internet, through my home wifi easily without any hassle. Daily we use to switch off the lights of shop at night i.e. the camera are turned off at night time.

Yesterday I got a wifi connection set up at my shop.(IP-192.168.0.1)

I connected the device all again to the Hathway broadband router (TC7200.D1I) of Technicolor.

After successful setup I am able to live stream through local(shop's) wifi as well as Remote devices(mobile internet) on TAPO app.

But the next day when we opened the shop and switched on the lighting the camera connected to the wifi and also was live streaming on the local network(by connecting my mobile to the shop's wifi) but wasn't able to live stream on any other remote device like at my home or my through my mobiles internet.

The camera is connected properly, updated to date and also wifi is working at a speed of 50mb/s_10mb/s(D/U), 2.4ghz .

I have tried to fix the channel of my router but this helps for a day only as the next day I can't live stream on remote devices on other network. The channel remains fixed but camera doesn't allow it to live stream on any other network.

We switch off the wifi as well as the camera when we close the shop at night daily but next day when I switch it on it connects perfectly but doesn't give the live stream on tapo app if I'm on other network (other than shop's wifi).

Please see into the matter.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not able to view live from remote devices(it shows offline on all other networks except local)
2021-02-23 11:21:54

@R_K  Hi, thank you for your feedback.

This issue may be related to some advanced settings on router, if router has some advanced features such as Parental control / Firewall/ QoS /Access control, please turn them off.

If same issue, please help provide some information for further troubleshooting

May I know your network layout or network map and What is the Model number of router?  Did you see Camera " Offline" on remote device? 
Please save the system log of the camera and send it to us, thank you!

How to get the logs:
1) Insert an SD card into the camera.
2) On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.
3) Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.
4) Please plug the SD card to the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1

Related Articles