C310 Rebooting on Night Vision with extension cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-30 15:35:29 - last edited 2022-08-15 10:31:37
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Hello to all people to TPLink community.

I have a serious problem with my C310. Let me analyze it.

I bought camera 1 month ago to set it up to a small alleyway outside my doorstep, before do that i connect camera to my home network by wifi, check if camera working properly..

I saw an available upgrade to the firmware of camera, so i start it. after some minutes was completed, but for some reasons i was not sure that everything was ok with the upgrade.

Camera working perfect, so next day i was ready to install it, because the place i want to set it up was far away from electricity i decide to buy an extension cable for the power, 15 metres long together with the 3 metres from adaptor was 18 metres, i set it up the whole system and everything was working fine.... Until night came and i realize that camera rebooting all the time, i did factory reset without results. so i bring camera inside home next day, i use the adaptor with 3 metres cable in a dark room to check what is going on. and for a big suprise camera working fine !!!! No problems with day vision and night vision. so i decide to buy an aftermarket adaptor with 4A output because the problem seems to be that 18 metres of cable was not giving enough power for camera for night vision. so i try again, connect new adaptor (4A) with the 15 metres extension cable and for one more time camera in a dark room with the new adaptor (4A) was rebooting on night vision !!!!

So i want your opinion.

Does this happened to anyone else?

Why even the aftermarket adaptor with 4A cant give enough power for night vision in camera?

Do you believe that something go terrible wrong with the upgrade of the firmware?

The only solution i can see now is to move electricity close to the place i want to set up camera, but first i want some answers and thoughts from the community

(P.S. i will add some pics for you).

AFTERMARKET ADAPTOR 4A

15 METRES EXTENSION CABLE (MIND THE PLASTIC CANAL IS FOR RAIN PROTECTION)

MY C310 CAMERA

Thank you for the time you will spend to ready my thread

Sorry if i did something wrong with my thread

BEST REGARDS

KOSTAS

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C310 Rebooting on Night Vision-Solution
2021-04-02 09:27:33 - last edited 2022-06-17 03:28:41

Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post.

If the device keeps rebooting, it could be due to the Camera does not get stable power from the power source, especially you are using an extension cable/ third party power adapter.  For a test, only use the original power adapter for the camera in the box and test if it still reboots. 

If you are using an longer third party power cord, not the original power adapter, for a suggestion you could try a 12V /1A power adapter with Tapo 310 if you have one. 

It is possible to use 12V 1A adapter with Tapo C310 but kindly note that the performance could not be promised without the more rigorous test. We still recommend using the original power adapter preferentially.

Recommended Solution
Options
28 Reply
Re:C310 Rebooting on Night Vision-Solution
2021-04-02 09:27:33 - last edited 2022-06-17 03:28:41

Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post.

If the device keeps rebooting, it could be due to the Camera does not get stable power from the power source, especially you are using an extension cable/ third party power adapter.  For a test, only use the original power adapter for the camera in the box and test if it still reboots. 

If you are using an longer third party power cord, not the original power adapter, for a suggestion you could try a 12V /1A power adapter with Tapo 310 if you have one. 

It is possible to use 12V 1A adapter with Tapo C310 but kindly note that the performance could not be promised without the more rigorous test. We still recommend using the original power adapter preferentially.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C310 Rebooting on Night Vision
2021-04-02 13:10:11

@Solla-topee Thank you for your quick answer..

As i already mention to my original post the original adapter working fine with the camera in dark, no reboot. 

I will try a 12 V 1A adaptor to see if the problem exists

Thank you again for your Help!!

BEST REGARDS

KOSTAS

Options
2021-04-09 20:53:57

@KostasGR1980. 

Hi Kostas,

I've the similar problem (original adaptor + 20 metres extension cable in place- see attached picture).. the recording during the day is fluently, without reboots.. but iťs interrupted during the night vision, looks like reboots of the camera.. 

Do you already have the results from your tests? Was the adaptor the reason of reboots during night?

Thank you.

File:
BF0D1DCA-4C00-4467-A469-8012FC43EC1F.jpegDownload
Options
2021-04-12 06:25:33 - last edited 2021-04-12 06:28:07

@Marek15 

Hey Marek thanks for replying to my post.

The Problem is the adaptor. Cant give enough power during night for night vision because of the extension cable

I bought an aftermarket 9V 4A adaptor but was not working at night again.

TP-LINK suggest me to use a 12V 1A adaptor for the camera.

So i order a new adaptor and im waiting to arrive.

I bought 12V 2A just to be sure for the power.

I will update you next days if works or not

Stay Tuned.

Options
2021-05-01 08:54:44

@Marek15 

UPDATE : Camera works fine at night with an 12 V adaptor.

Mine is 12V 1.5 A

So feel free to use a 12V

Options
2021-05-05 19:33:16

@KostasGR1980. 

Hi Kostas,

thank you for your update.

My original adaptor is : Output 9V / 0.6A , but as I mentioned - there are reboots of the camera during the night (with 20m extension cable).

After your replacement - Is it still working properly without rebooting? Is your camera / the power adapter used for continuous operation (24H)?

@Solla-topee - you recommended to use 12V /1A adaptor.. Is there any risk to use 12V / 1.5A (as Kostas uses) or is it safe from your point of view?

Thank you for your updates.

Options
2021-05-08 16:27:41

@Marek15 The camera work fine 24/7 with the 12V adaptor and the extension cable. You are not gonna have problems. Mind that even an adaptor with more A is gonna work perfect. Like a 12V 2A or even 3A.

Options
2021-05-08 19:56:57

@KostasGR1980. 

Hi Kostas,

thank you for your feedback.

I bought an adaptor 12V 1,5A, but the camera doesn't work with this adaptor at all. With the original adaptor the camera works fine (but with reboots during night).

Is it possible that the adaptor was wrong?

Options
2021-05-09 12:16:26

@Marek15 please upload a picture with the new adaptor, very weird that is not working. Also upload a picture with your extension cable.

Greetings.

Options
2021-05-09 15:25:34

@KostasGR1980. 

please look at the picture.. I bought an universal adaptor with various output connectors (only white connector - the biggest one - fits to my extension cable).

As you can se in my hand - bigger is the extension cable, smaller is the output connector from original adaptor.

I suppose the issue will be in the connector of universal adaptor.. any idea from your side pls? Thanks..  Regards

File:
IMG_4294.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 11171

Replies: 28