C200 motion being detected outside the red zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-18 14:19:35
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

After update my Tapo C200 to the latest firmware version (1.1.7) the motion detection started to have strange behaviours. I have a zone being captured in the image tha catches cars passing in the street. To avoid false motion detection notifications I removed that area from the motion detection zones by drawing rectangles arround that zone, excluding it.

After the firmware update it started to send notifications if there is motion also outside the red areas.

It was working perfectly before the update.

I've tried to redraw the areas but still the same.

It only stops to send false notifications if the red area is very far away from the zone that catches the cars passing. But in between there is a huge gap where someone can pass.

How can I fix it?

Options
5 Reply
Re:C200 motion being detected outside the red zones
2021-04-19 02:53:58 - last edited 2021-04-19 05:40:51

@Nuno00 Good day

Thank you for your feedback. May I have a photo of your Activity zone settings, and a screenshot of the moment that car passes & related motion detection message(Tapo app-- Envelop  icon on the right top, you could see motion detection messages) 

Can you also help confirm some information here:

1. Tapo app version (make sure it's the latest in APP store or Google Play): 
  2. Model of your phone and its Android or IOS version:

Many thanks!

Options
2021-04-21 08:55:28

Hi @Solla-topee,

How can I send that info to you in a secure way, since it contains sensible information?

Options
2021-04-22 05:06:43 - last edited 2021-04-22 05:09:07

@Solla-topee  the same issue also for my C200 camera. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ Model Number SM-G965F. I have attached a proof(short video)  of the fact that is detecting outside the red area.

Solla-topee wrote

@Nuno00 Good day

Thank you for your feedback. May I have a photo of your Activity zone settings, and a screenshot of the moment that car passes & related motion detection message(Tapo app-- Envelop  icon on the right top, you could see motion detection messages) 

Can you also help confirm some information here:

1. Tapo app version (make sure it's the latest in APP store or Google Play): 
  2. Model of your phone and its Android or IOS version:

Many thanks!

the red area

File:
WhatsApp Video 2021-04-22.mp4Download
Options
2021-04-22 12:21:53

@GeorgeIordache Hello, 

Thanks a lot for the video. It looks like when car passed, the shadow of car is still within/ very close to activity zone. 

As the change of light will also trigger a motion,  you could set a smaller  activity zone to avoid the possible shadow. 

You could have more than 1 activity zone if you need as below. If the same issue continues, we'd like to follow up your case via email with forum ID ' 261536  ' please check your inbox later~

Options
2021-04-22 12:23:36

@Nuno00 Hello, we'd like to follow up your case via email with forum ID ' 261536  '  , please check your inbox, thanks laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1577

Replies: 5