C200 Blank Screen no recording after scheduled reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 07:03:25
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

Hi All

I have had this issue a number of times now. My camera auto reboots at 12 at night. Then when I got to look in the morning on the app the screen is blank. I can control the pan and restarting the app does nothing. If I then do another reboot from the app it comes back. When I look at the recording I can see it has stopped recording (continuously set) when it rebooted. This is intermittent but has happen at least 5-6 in the last month? Is there an update to fix? Thanks 

Options
9 Reply
Re:C200 Blank Screen no recording after scheduled reboot
2021-05-06 08:43:12 - last edited 2021-05-06 08:43:29

@simoncpage Good day, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback.  For “Blank screen" do you mean Liveview page is Blank, and Playback- recording also stops after 12AM?

May I have the screenshots when the problem happened again? 

Can you help to confirm some details below for this issue:

1> Tapo APP version (make sure it's the latest version)

2> Model of your mobile phone & Android/ IOS version

3> When problem happens, test a different mobile device, is it the same issue? 

Btw, if you did not set up Scheduled reboot and test for a few days, does every thing work fine? 

We look forward for your reply,  thank you!

Options
2021-05-06 08:53:13 - last edited 2021-05-06 08:53:43

@Solla-topee 

yep liveview is blank and yes recording stops.

Tapo app version 2.3.29

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.5

Will post screen shot next time and I have it setup on my iPad which last time was identical view.

thanks

Options
2021-05-07 01:56:24

@simoncpage Hello, 

Thank you for your reply! 

When the issue happens, please also check if the time stamp on Live view page looks normal . or does the timestamp stops/ disappear? Thanks ~

Options
2021-05-29 07:41:38

@Solla-topee happened again.

Both my iPhone and iPad both have a black / blank screen the clock is ticking away up top and pan etc works as you can see the camera move but recordings and screens are blank - ties in with the reboot. The reboot schedule seems to be doing the exact opposite of what it is designed for?

Options
2021-05-31 08:57:20

@simoncpage 

Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Options
2021-09-07 06:31:22

@Solla-topee

I have the same issue, black screen after reboot, time running normally,
Camera C200 Firmware 1.1.11 build 210625 Release 56514n(4555);
Phone IOS 12.5.4

can you help me? please? 

Options
2021-09-07 07:20:21

@Cuauhtemoc 

The engineers couldn't fix for me after sending a bunch of logs they suggested me paying to send back my camera to get a replacement but since the sending back postage cost was too much in comparison to the original cost of the camera, no guarantee a new one would fix the issue and the fact I would be without a camera while I waited for another one I ended up scrapping it for something else. My current camera has been stable since I got it and glad I swapped rather than continuing.

When tp-link have accepted there is an issue out of the owners control and which they can't solve I would expect them to not charge for a replacement and send the owner another one (possibly even a more up to date version as this model is now old and will be forgotten about soon) first free of charge and the arrange a free collection especially within weeks of ownership. 

Options
2021-09-08 02:48:56

@simoncpage 

Thank you for your suggestion for the RMA shipping fee. We will forward your feedback to the local team for further evaluation.  

The RMA policy could be different in different areas and users will need to follow the local RMA policy here: https://www.tp-link.com/support/replacement-warranty

Options
2021-09-08 03:01:12

@Cuauhtemoc Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. I notice you have multiple cameras under your account.  May I know does the issue happen on certain camera or multiple cameras,  can you share the Mac of that camera to us via private message?

Please try a factory reset on the Tapo C200 as the guide here and see if that helps with issue. 

(How to reset my Tapo camera) https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2705/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1087

Replies: 9

Related Articles