Votes

Scheduling Privacy Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Scheduling Privacy Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Scheduling Privacy Mode
Scheduling Privacy Mode
2021-05-07 09:35:06 - last edited 2023-07-27 11:40:07
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to schedule privacy mode on the Tapo C200 camera's? As I use 3 of these camera's inside the home I would like them to switch to privacy mode at set times e.g. 7am and then switch back on again when we go to bed as I use the camera's for internal security at night. I could probably use smart plugs to achieve the same thing but it would be nice to have the functionality built into the app, a bit like the recording scheduling.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Scheduling Privacy Mode-Solution
2022-10-19 01:15:35 - last edited 2023-07-27 11:40:07
Update on July 27, 2023.

Hello  everyone,
Thank you for your improvement suggestion on the Tapo camera's Privacy Mode. 

Our Tapo cameras have supported the Smart Action feature and that allows setting up Shortcut or Automation features. For details, please check: 
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

With the Smart Action>Automation feature, you can schedule the privacy mode by adding a new automation rule. 
E.g: 
Trigger: at a certain time
Action: turn on/off privacy mode

If you don't see the Smart Action feature on the Tapo app, please make sure your camera and the Tapo app are up to date, and then vote or leave your comments on this thread. 

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Scheduling Privacy Mode
2021-05-10 13:37:26 - last edited 2022-05-17 01:10:15
Excellent idea! I support that!
Options
2022-05-17 01:16:07

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback with Schedule Privacy mode and share the user case with us, this thread will be moved to Tapo Feature Request Board so users who get interested could vote and comment for this feature. Leave your comment and usage scenario for this feature like how do you want to use a feature with a practical example, or how a improvement would help or resolve a problem for you, this will help when this feature is raised for evaluation. 

Here are some popular feature requests for tapo device that you might get interested: Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo

Options
2022-05-17 08:44:33

@Solla-topee 

I hope those improvements/suggestions don't get only implemented in tapo care, like the sound detection, the blind zones, the follow motion... all of them where suggested here by atual customers and only became available in the paid subscription.  Very disappointed...

Remember that the "premium" brand is Kasa, and here we are talking about a most affordable brand Tapo.

Options
Re:Scheduling Privacy Mode-Solution
2022-10-19 01:15:35 - last edited 2023-07-27 11:40:07
Update on July 27, 2023.

Hello  everyone,
Thank you for your improvement suggestion on the Tapo camera's Privacy Mode. 

Our Tapo cameras have supported the Smart Action feature and that allows setting up Shortcut or Automation features. For details, please check: 
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

With the Smart Action>Automation feature, you can schedule the privacy mode by adding a new automation rule. 
E.g: 
Trigger: at a certain time
Action: turn on/off privacy mode

If you don't see the Smart Action feature on the Tapo app, please make sure your camera and the Tapo app are up to date, and then vote or leave your comments on this thread. 

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-11-23 06:53:29

@Solla-topee  c110

Options
2022-12-16 22:56:54 - last edited 2022-12-16 23:02:10

@Solla-topee hey, I tried to add the privacy mode automation task for my c200 but it seems my device is not available for doing that. Do you have any info about that or if this feature will be implemented for this tapo model? Thanks!

Options
RE:Scheduling <span class='search-highlight'>Privacy</span> Mode
2023-02-01 19:56:12
Schedule the privacy mode to have privacy when we are @ home
Options
2023-02-20 13:57:36

@alxctl I've the same issue with C200 camera.

Anyone can help thanks

Options
2023-06-22 17:29:16 - last edited 2023-06-22 17:31:12

The smart actions are great, but it would be good if you could schedule privacy based on the Home/Away presets. So I could have a schedule enabled for when I'm home by using the "Home" profile, but when I am out I can enabled the "Away" profile and that would have it's own schedule for privacy. It would also be good if there was a separate schedule for recording as well in the "Home and "Away" modes

Options
RE:Scheduling Privacy Mode
2023-07-22 12:11:03
Absolutely agree!
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 2477

Replies: 10

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters