Cannot connect tapo to wifi, but connects to hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 12:46:16
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My tapo camera does not show wifi network while setup but shoes the Hotspot network and connects to it. 

What should i do to connect it to the wifi. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect tapo to wifi, but connects to hotspot
2021-05-17 03:47:48 - last edited 2021-05-17 03:51:48

@Tunir Hello, 

Tapo camera only supports 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi, so please confirm your router is broadcasting a 2.4Ghz wifi. 

It is recommended to change 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi channel to a channel among Channel 1- 11. 

If still the same problem, may I know the model of your wifi router and a photo of wireless settings on main router, thanks

Options
2021-05-19 10:45:42

@Solla-topee 

Hello, thank you for the reply. 

The wifi i am using is 2.4ghz. But still the same problem persists. 

Options
2021-05-25 03:30:27

@Tunir Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. May I know tapo setup failed at which step? Please share a photo of the Error message with us, thank you. 

If the set-up failed at the last  step after you put in Wi-Fi password , you could also try some suggestion here:

• when you configure the camera, please make sure the camera is close to the router and Tapo app is up to date on your phone.
  • please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone :  

Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

•  0lease check if main router has Advanced settings like  Access control/ parental control etc. that may block the camera
  •  change wireless security of router to WPA/WPA2-PSK
  •  change a different Wi-Fi channel 

If issue persists, please let us know the steps you have tried, and help confirm some details here:

1. May I know the model of your wifi router and have a photo of wireless settings on main router: 
  2. How about your network topology:
  3. Model of your phone and its IOS / Android version:
  4. Led Status on Camera after set up: 
  5. Tapo app version

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3845

Replies: 3