Votes

Unable to explore the Smart Actions using my Tapo C200 cameras

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C200 ‘Firmware not supported’. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C200 ‘Firmware not supported’. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-16 21:15:00 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:47:13

I have several C200 cameras installed and managing them with the Tapo mobile App. I am now struggling to use the Smart Actions of the Tapo mobile app with my C200 cameras.
- I go to Smart Actions and press the + sign to add a new action

- I select Add Tasks and go to Control Tapo Devices

- There is a heading CAMERA listing all my C200 cameras but each one is greyed out with an abbreviated and incomprehensible message saying: Supported Firmware Com...

Whatever I do I cannot find anything that will expand the word Com... to turn it into something meaningful.

Can someone please tell me what this incomprehensible message Supported Firmware Com... means and why I am being prevented setting up any action that uses my C200 cameras?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to explore the Smart Actions using my Tapo C200 cameras-Solution
2022-08-09 08:43:51 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature and here are some updates with this feature: 

1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0 and brings us 2  brand-new features  ,visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to explore the Smart Actions using my Tapo C200 cameras
2021-05-17 03:30:39 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

@Ojos Hello, 

The full message is ' supported firmware coming soon ' , but actually Smart Action feature is still under developing for tapo cameras and certain model of smart plugs. 

So it will take certain time before we could use this feature, it is recommended to wait for feature in the future firmware. 

Thank you for your understanding~

Options
2021-05-23 20:59:09 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

I'm using the app for more than an year... and it was always like that.... so it is not a priority for sure...

Options
2021-10-18 11:05:17 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

how much time till support for tapo cameras is added???? 

Options
2022-01-13 22:26:52 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

Smart functions for camera still not working. No device available.

Anyway the C200 itself and the app for controlling and managing is really great! 

Options
Re:Unable to explore the Smart Actions using my Tapo C200 cameras-Solution
2022-08-09 08:43:51 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature and here are some updates with this feature: 

1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0 and brings us 2  brand-new features  ,visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-09 18:34:59 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

@Solla-topee 

This thread is about the c200 model which still is unsupported. 

Options
2022-08-11 02:28:23 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:45:55

@spooker 

Thank you for your patience. I'm still checking if there is any ETA for other Tapo camera model smart action implementation, so far the support does not have any updated information yet.We will update on the above  Tapo Camera Smart Action thread when any new model added this feature,  you may subscribe  the new thread for the updated information. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2338

Replies: 7