C200 Camera image problems since firmware update 1.1.9 - sound OK - no image
I just purchased two Tapo C200 cameras from Amazon (Hardware version V2.0).
All worked fine until I got the message that a new firmware 1.1.9 was available.
After this update, on both cameras, it took a long time before I could see the image in the TAPO Android application.
Since then, I have a lot of problems:
- cameras display a green LED, but they are shown as disconnected
- cameras display a green LED and are shown as connected, but :
- the app keeps trying to get an image - after a while it displays a black picture with message "click to refresh".
Restarting the camera from the TAPO application works, but it does not solve the problem.
"Power off/on" on the cameras does not solve the problem.
Hardware reset button + full reconfiguration of the cameras does not solve the problem.
However, there are evidences that the cameras are working:
- I can read the video stream of both cameras using VLC with RTSP
- When the TAPO apps tries to get the video from a camera, the data flow increases to 100ko/s (even more if I try to read the SD card contents)
The two cameras are located only 3m away from my Wi-Fi router, in direct line of sight (no obstacles) and the signal is reported as strong for both cameras in the TAPO App.
I have contacted the TP-Link email support using the form on their web site, but I got no email to confirm that the request for support has been received.