Tapo C200 "Failed to receive IP Address" out of nowhere

Tapo C200 "Failed to receive IP Address" out of nowhere

23 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 "Failed to receive IP Address" out of nowhere
2022-09-26 21:33:09

@Winwin3642 after 2 days finally found a solution.

Ive tried to reset the modem remotely through ip address but it didnt work. so I reset the modem physically with the reset button in the modem. and it worked perfectly. I got my tapos back in action.

Options
2022-10-14 07:22:24

@ttarik 

Options
2022-11-22 00:28:01 - last edited 2022-11-22 00:29:42

Same issue here and found a temporary workaround.

Bought C210 ~3 weeks ago.

On first setup attempt, my mobile able to detect the cam and connected to it, but it failed when try to setup wifi. Kept throwing message that it's unable to get IP address.

Researched in internet but none works. Resetting cam (and reinstalling app) and disabling 5GHz or data plan won't help.

The only way to get it to work is by changing the wifi password (and reset the cam, so you can setup the new password).

It's been 3 weeks, and has observed intermittence disconnection (router/cam restarted). Whenever it restarted, it will failed to connect again. I will have to update the wifi password to something else first and then change back to the original password for it to work (no need to reset/restart cam). This works for me every single time.

TP will need to drill this down and fix it. It's obviously a firmware issue. No other appliances in my home have the same issue and this issue has been reported by many users in the forum/internet using C200/C210 (could be more).

Ticket has been raised (TKID221129147), but no update so far...

Options
2023-04-17 14:57:56

@Solla-topee 

So same problems here.

Camera dropped out of working system then can't get back onto the network.

Been through the Reset palava many times.

Router (which was working before) has had DNS changing to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Router messages (since I cant add a picture)

Failed to send packet. Address family not supported by protocol.

(WPA and WPA2 used no option of WPA3).

Options
2023-04-18 08:49:44

@StevieChi 

Hi, for the unstable issue, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline? 

Have you tried to reset your modem router and reconfigure them? You can have a test if possible.
And if you have another Wi-Fi network, such as the hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, connect the camera to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and check if it will work fine.
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-18 14:34:53
Hi But everything has been working good for the past 2 years without and changes in the modem router. Can you explain why I need to make those changes now please? Typically when fault finding - and I have done this for 40 years, you don't change variables which have previously worked well. So my question is really what has change from the Tapo side that has resulted in the instability and inability to connect? Also trying to connect a 2nd application (2nd tablet) to view the camera now also seems impossible as the camera now needs resetting and reconfiguring - just doesnt make any sense. I'm pretty much wasted 3-4 hours with this - it is soon easier to throw this out and buy something else like a Yale camera
Options
2023-04-20 10:14:32

@StevieChi 

Hi, it's hard to say the problem is on the Tapo cam from the current information, please help provide a little more info.
1) The model number of your Tapo cam.
2) The LED status on the camera when it's not working.
3) The signal strength the camera is receiving when it's working.
4) Please connect the camera to another Wi-Fi network, such as the hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, and check if it will work fine. 
If the problem remains, we can escalate your case to the support engineers for further analysis.

Options
2023-05-09 09:07:45

@Winwin3642  Im getting the same problems, my c200 keeps losing connection and i have to reset it like 5 times to get it to connect to the wifi, and the wifi are from a tplink mesh. 

This is the only camera that is doing this, i have more cameras from blitzwolf, i have zigbee devices working without a problem. Is this a software problem? 

Options
2023-07-15 05:44:28

I just purchased C210 and having similar issues - I just bought a lemon, will never recommend TP Link devices

Options
2023-07-20 12:53:59

@MMWW 

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to our community. If you have the "Failed to receive IP Address" error when setting up the Tapo C210, it's suggested to troubleshoot based on the Recommended Suggestions here.

And if the problem remains, it is encouraged to describe your problem and troubleshooting steps in detail, and then Start a New Thread to get further assistance. We will then provide proper suggestions based on your case details.

Best Regards

Options
Related Articles