Tapo and Google Home, a dramatic story

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 21:59:21
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had tapo smart swtiches for some months now. I share them through Google home with my girlfriend. 

Since we got them, from time to time Google Home showed them as offline, even if they weren't and they were accessible through the Tapo app. I used many workaround that I saw online (mostly on this forum) and I was able to make them work again.  

But since some weeks ago, there is no way. I unlinked my Tapo account from Google Home many times, but still the same problem. 

Not really sure what to do now. Even if it does work OK with the Tapo app, the main point since the beggining was to share them through Google Home and now it's impossible. 

All the smart switches are firmware-updated, btw.

What can I do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo and Google Home, a dramatic story
2022-03-04 07:41:38

@miltonlaufer same issue for me, reset and lasts a day at best before needing to rest again 

Options
2022-03-23 06:46:12 - last edited 2022-04-27 10:27:37

Please connect phone to home wifi network and see if see you could access tapo device in Google home APP. 

At the same time, if you experience some issue using Tapo device in Google home APP, to help isolate the issue,  please help confirm some information here 

• Please help describe the issue as detailed as possible .e.g. UTC+1 8AM  Google home app can not connect to Tapo,error xxx  , this happen every a few hours google home APP 
  •  Router's brand and model.e.g. ISP spectrum -router <wireless>Tapo plug;
  •  Google home  APP version, confirm the Google home APP is up to date 
  •  when  control device in Tapo APP locally when phone connected to Home Wi-Fi network, does this work fine
  •  when  control device in Tapo APP remotely when phone in on LTE mobile data, does this work fine
  • A photo of Error message when you can't link tp-link  account or can't control device in Google app 
  • Mac address of smart plug (please share by private message)

Thank you

Options
2022-04-26 23:10:40
Me three. Frustratingly need to unlink and relink them.. a fix that lasts a day at best. See this post has been viewed 500 times.. hopefully if more people sign up and post to complain it will get addressed..
Options
2022-04-27 10:02:15

@Bob5 From the replies there have been, i think it might be the Tapo app that's causing the issue, I'm gunna try the KASA app, that's been mentioned,  out tonight and see if that works any better 🤞🏻 

Options
2022-04-27 10:29:53

Hello  @Charlie-Vaughan @Bob543 

I updated some troubleshooting steps, if possible, please share the network topology details, Google home APP version, model of phone and its OS as the above for us to look into that further, thank you.  

Options