C200 can only be controlled locally error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-08 14:22:39
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello to all!

First of all, how can i see the firmware version of my camera in order to give you exact info about the problem? I searched every menu in the Tapo app and in the camera settings and I can't find any "Camera info" data.

Now on the actual error, I can see the camera on the Tapo app when I am connected to the same WiFi network but it has a message saying "This device can only be controlled locally." As soon as i switch to 4G, it disappears from the Tapo app.

I have read other threads that suggest:

- the router to has internet access (obviously it has since I am using this same router to write this post now)

- to add to the DHCP server the google DNS 8.8.8.8 as primary (which I have done but I can not check it on the camera, on my laptop though I do see 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS so I guess it did on the camera as well)

- to reset the router (done that)t

- to reset the camera (done that)

- to take down the router firewall (even though I would be happy to do it just for testing, there is no option to turn it off.. Just low/med/high protection. Tried all 3 and no change to the camera appearing in the app). I went a step ahead and tried whitelisting the traffic to the destination IP of the camera on the router, added port forwarding to 554/2020, stuff like that, still not appearing....

I have also enabled the Diagnostics on the camera and have a diagnose_log file if that helps.

Any other solution??

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:C200 can only be controlled locally error
2021-08-09 01:23:00 - last edited 2021-08-09 01:26:46

@MerNion2  Hello, 

Kindly refer to this guide to check firmware on Tapo APP and make sure camera is up-to-date on Tapo APP:  

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/315/#2

• Ensure camera is connected to router directly, not through AP or range extender. 
  • Turn off Advanced settings like Parental control/ Access control etc settings on router and also check the firewall on the modem if have a modem
  • If camera worked fine before (not the first time installation), it is recommended to factory reset camera and add the camera again via Tapo APP. (RESET: with camera powered, keep pressing reset button until camera say reset is done)

May I know the model of router, and your network topology? (e.g. ISP XX -- Modem VR600v---Router Archer C7 <wireless>camera)

You could share the log file with us to look into the issue further, thank you. 

Options
2021-08-09 03:09:15

@Solla-topee the problem with the firmware version etc as i said in the beggining is that there is no “Camera model” or camera name

option in the setting in order to view this info. Take a look at the screenshot of the Settings page when you click on the gear icon in the live  view.

Options
2021-08-09 15:24:31

Managed to get to the hardware/firmware page

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 210302 Rel.63450n(4555) (up to date)

The camera is connected to the router directly.

As I said the firewall has three options, LOW/MID/HIGH protection but no matter what I choose it does not work

This happened from the initial setup, was not working before and now it stopped.. It is the first time i opened the box and installed it and it didn't work.

Here is the diagnose log attached. Can you make out anything?

File:
diagnose_log.txtDownload
Options
2021-08-10 01:34:37

@MerNion2 Hello, 

Thank you for sharing all the detailed info, we would like to escalate your case and follow up your case via email, please check your mailbox later, and let us know if the issue is resolved. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1064

Replies: 4

Related Articles