Problem with Alexa or Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-24 12:38:43

I configured two TP link bulbs using Kasa app and both of them work fine using the App.I followed the instructions to set up these bulbs in Alexa app. They show they are set up correctly. But I don't see them in Alexa App.However, I noticed they are showing up on Alexa App on my brother's Alexa App and the Alexa Show device in his room. Alexa can turn or or turn off the newly set up bulbs only from my brother's Alexa App or Alexa device I am not able to set up them in my Alexa App on my phone. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with Alexa or Devices
2021-08-25 11:52:32

@RitiJ Hello, 

• Please check if Alexa app is using user account. Households account cannot manage the device. Ask Alexa to switch account, “alexa, switch account.”
  • Also make sure the  Kasa account you use in Alexa App should be the same account that you sign in to Kasa App.
  • May I know does your brother and you use the same TP-Link ID (email account)

If the above does not work, can you share your TP-Link ID and also the Mac address of bulb to us via private message? 

What is the Error message or what Alexa say if Alexa APP did not find Kasa Devices? Alexa app version and also model and OS of your phone, thank you. 

Options
Re:Problem with Alexa or Devices
2021-08-25 18:31:08

@Solla-topee Isn't this guy just posting spam links while trying to look legit with made up questions?

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 2

Related Articles