Kp115 shows no power consumption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 08:58:08
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

i recently bought 4 Kasa Kp115. I was especially interest in the feature, that could Monitor the power consumption of each device. What i wanted rondo, was use IFTTT and let's say for example, if a divine uses less than x amount of Watt restart it. Now to the problem. In my own home network I can look into the power consumption and turndevice manualy on and of thru the App. But if I am out of house (not in my network anymore), I can still turn devices on and of, but now longer see how much power they use. The screen in the app just loads itself dead, without showing anything in the end. Could somebody tell me what's the cause of this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kp115 shows no power consumption
2021-09-15 06:15:52

@Chris-Cross  Hello, 

Do you mean when phone is out of home Wi-Fi, Kasa app energy usage page will not load? May I have a photo of that, thank you. 

1. Ensure kasa device firmware and Kasa app are both up to date 
  2. Try to use mobile data / switch to a different outside Wi-Fi network when the page will not load. 

Does the issue happen when the phone uses mobile data or certain non-local Wi-Fi network? Who is the ISP/ SIM card company of the non- local wifi? 

May I know the model and Android or IOS version of your phone as well,  thank you. 

Options
2021-09-15 09:19:52

I had an internet outage yesterday, after it went on again, it suddenly worked, without me doing anything 🤷. Hope it stays thatchers. But another question. How may I set up a Siri shortcut or IFTTT action, etc. in wich i can read the current power consumption and then if the wattage drops below a threshold, the device restarts (is automatically turned off then on again)? @Solla-topee 

Options
2021-09-15 10:01:51 - last edited 2021-09-16 12:23:36

@Chris-Cross  Hello, 

I did not see the power consumption value working as a trigger in IFTTT, it seems kasa does not support that. IOS shortcut could not do that either. 

You could delve into some more Kasa IFTTT applets from here: https://ifttt.com/kasa

Anyone who knows a workaround could leave a comment below, thank you. 

Options
2021-09-15 10:29:44

Ok, will try that, thanks! @Solla-topee 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 4