C310 is offline when connected to other WIFI or mobile data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-18 02:53:58
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

Hi.

My Tapo C310 is connected to both ethernet LAN and WIFI.

When outside home, I cannot view the Live View when using my mobile data and other WIFI network. The camera is offline.

Can't I view the camera outside my home internet when the camera is connected to the Ethernet? I prefer wired connection.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C310 is offline when connected to other WIFI or mobile data
2021-10-18 11:44:59 - last edited 2021-10-18 11:45:26

Hello, @marvinG 

May I know the model of your wifi router, does camera work remotely before? 

If your Tapo camera works fine when phone is connected to Home Wi-Fi, but goes Offline or Unreachable when phone is on mobile data, you could try some suggestions here: 

• Turn off or lower Modem/ router Firewall settings
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  • Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Reboot camera 
  • Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders
  • Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 
  • Try to use  3G/4G mobile data or connect phone to other outside Wi-F networks

If the same problem, please help collect the log of camera and share with us ,thanks~ 
How to get the logs of Tapo Camera: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3151/

Options
2021-10-18 11:51:05

@Solla-topee 

When the Tapo C310 is connected via wifi, i can view the live cam using my mobile data or other wifi network. 

But when connecting via ethernet cable, Tapo live cam becomes offline in my tapo app using mobile data or other wifi connection. 

I don't know how to change my router's DNS. 

Options
2021-10-19 03:04:17

Hi @marvinG  , 

Connecting camera to router through Wi-Fi or Wired connection shouldn't make a difference on camera remote control.

You could factory reset camera, and hook up camera to router again, please select Ethernet (Wired) option when set up the camera in APP

How to reset: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/

If the concern persists, may I know the model of router and your network map,e.g. router Archer C7 < Wireless> XX extender <Ethernet>Camera

Is there any extender or switch between router and camera? If possible, please share the log file of camera so we could analyze the possible cause, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1588

Replies: 3