tapo c310 ethernet connected. but wifi is on cam but has no security.

2023-12-29 12:33:20
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.39

Hi another 2 questions

I have a couple of tapo c310 cameras.

All ethernet connected.

Yet the cam has wifi onboard and is detectable.

By mobile. But say on wifi security: none

So how do i set the cams wifi security too on.

Allthough i have connected the cameras too ethernet.?

Please advice:.

Another question is that one outside cam picks up a lot of wind, and street noise. Is there anyway too rec sound but less wind and streetnoise from a busy road. So for example montage an hollow cube arround the mic,  that deflects sound waves from sideways. And not the sound the camera is recording.

Options
4 Reply
Re:tapo c310 ethernet connected. but wifi is on cam but has no security.
2023-12-31 12:46:17

@Aliasz 

This is the same question from another user.

Withmy phone router ethernet connected cam

And wifi on router disabled.

I can still even without a data connection go in my camera no password needed

Tapo C310 shows open wifi network
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Tapo C310 setup via Cable network but it shows an open network I can connect to without password in my wifi list.

How can I secure this/turn this off?

Kind regards.

Options
2024-01-02 08:59:00

@Aliasz 

Hi,
If your home router provides a Wi-Fi network, you can set up the wired and wireless connection, and the default SSID will disappear after configuration. 
Tapo Smart Camera Unboxing and Setup Video Tapo C310&C320WS&TC65

If your home router provides an ethernet connection only, you can try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, then use another phone to set up the camera's wired and wireless connection. After the camera is configured, ensure the ethernet connection is working, then disable the hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone and the camera will remain to work on ethernet, and the default SSID will disappear.

Can I have an audio recording showing the normal sound, wind sound, and street noise? We will check if the camera's microphone works properly.
You can try to install the camera in a different location to see if the wind sound and street noise will be reduced.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-04 18:36:14

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes you are correct, when setup ethernet without or with wifi.

Reboot the camera. The camera dissapears out of the list of wifi devices.

Yet only momentarly.

I had done the steps as you and the link described.

Yet few days ago i could enter my camera, only with no data connection, no sim, only enable wifi the cameras appeard on my mobile list of wifi devices, and could enter my cams no security needed.

So please add an update for adding a wifi password.

It no says security none. I would like an update for my ethernet wifi cams tapoc310 that i can secure the wifi with an password.

I think other customers of the tapo c-310 also asked for this security option. It seems a standard feature.

The cam isnt really good protected if anyone can view the camera, so please the option in the android app. Too add an security pasword on the wifi side.

Many thanks in advance

Options
2024-01-05 11:38:00

@Aliasz 

Hi, 
I confirmed the info with the tech team that the default SSID won't cause security concerns because other people are unable to access the camera even if they connect to the SSID. You can access the camera on the Tapo app when connecting to the SSID because you have logged in to the Tapo app with the TP-Link ID(email address) that the camera binds to.
However, thank you very much for your feedback to secure the default SSID, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 4

Related Articles