Not detecting all 2.4 GHz Networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 07:10:12 - last edited 2021-11-15 05:51:19
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

I am facing a weird issue with all my Tapo Cameras (1 C100 and 3 C200 Cameras). They do not catch 'some' WiFi networks. I have made sure that all the networks I am looking for are 2.4 GHz networks. Surprisingly those networks are visible in all my Laptops, Phones, and Smart Bulb from some other manufactures. Remember the issue is with some networks, there are few visible networks, but they aren't mine. I have also tried Hidden network thing as well.

Why is that happening? On reading some literature on Internet I am guessing it is due to WiFi Channel. But I don't see any solution. There is no way I can control WiFi channel both with Tapo and the Internet provider.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not detecting all 2.4 GHz Networks-Solution
2021-11-13 23:30:33 - last edited 2021-11-15 05:51:19

@Solla-topee 

"did camera found router's WiFi (SSID AMOI24) but failed to connect to that Wi-Fi?"

No, I have to try to add it manually, but no way.

The router (Sagem, SFR/Numericable) find the camera, the phone find the router, but after pairing the camera with the phone, no network detected at the next step.

I also tried with an Apple Airport Extreme (in 2.4Ghz), and the same thing happened.

No VPN, no filter, no parental control, nothing, I also tried with no password on network.

I test many versions, 2.4.x, 2.3.x, the soft is ok on my old phone (Sony Xperia, Android 4.4.4)

But I finnaly found the problem, I check with an other Android mobile, and 5 minutes later, all was configured (2x C310 V2), so the problem is my Phone, although the soft seems compatible with it (Android 4.4+)

Now I had to change my mobile.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Not detecting all 2.4 GHz Networks
2021-11-02 08:18:36

Hello @Ganik 

You will need to adjust some wireless settings on router, try to change a different 2.4Ghz channel among Channel 1 to 11 on your home router . You may contact router support for some help.  If it is a Wi-Fi 6 router, try to turn off WiFi6 or 802.11ax, use 802.11n and see if that helps. 

If the concern persists, may I know the model of your home router , can I have a photo of router 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi settings?

Options
2021-11-08 00:28:07

Same problem here (2x C310) and no solution (Box Numericable/SFR router).

The problem is not the 2.4 Ghz, computers, phones, all is ok.

The phone pairing with C310 but no more, C310 can't see the wifi and I can't configure and use the camera.

With "Radar Wifi" from the box, the cam is here, but the cam doesn't find the router or Wifi.

Options
2021-11-08 01:10:04

C310 is ready (blinking red an green)

after pairing, camera tried to connect to my 2.4 wifi and the error is like this one :

The camera is near the router, the password is ok (also tried with wifi network without password), and no WPA3 (as you can see in my first gfx)

I also tried to connect the camera with Ethernet on my router, immediatly detect :

But I can't connect my phone on the same network with an ethernet cable to configure the C310.

Options
2021-11-08 06:33:17 - last edited 2021-11-08 07:14:25

Hello @Toch , 

From your photo, did camera found router's WiFi (SSID AMOI24) but failed to connect to that Wi-Fi? If so, you could try suggestions here: 

• Try to turn off the VPN on your phone
  • Try a different phone to set up camera
  •  

Can you let me know the information here: 

1. Model of your router

2. Model of phone and its Android and IOS version.

Options
Re:Not detecting all 2.4 GHz Networks-Solution
2021-11-13 23:30:33 - last edited 2021-11-15 05:51:19

@Solla-topee 

"did camera found router's WiFi (SSID AMOI24) but failed to connect to that Wi-Fi?"

No, I have to try to add it manually, but no way.

The router (Sagem, SFR/Numericable) find the camera, the phone find the router, but after pairing the camera with the phone, no network detected at the next step.

I also tried with an Apple Airport Extreme (in 2.4Ghz), and the same thing happened.

No VPN, no filter, no parental control, nothing, I also tried with no password on network.

I test many versions, 2.4.x, 2.3.x, the soft is ok on my old phone (Sony Xperia, Android 4.4.4)

But I finnaly found the problem, I check with an other Android mobile, and 5 minutes later, all was configured (2x C310 V2), so the problem is my Phone, although the soft seems compatible with it (Android 4.4+)

Now I had to change my mobile.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-15 05:51:07

Hello @Toch  it is a bit weird that changing a phone helps connect to router's Wi-Fi, glad to hear that you resolved this issue, we will keep an eye on similar feedback. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1595

Replies: 6

Related Articles