Smart switch to control smart bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 19:12:46
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

How to setup HS200/v5/1.0.2 and HS220/v3/1.03 switches to control smart wifi bulb, in particular KL125/v2/1.07 ?
I want switches to behave like controller - constantly provide a power to smart light bulb and to control bulb on/off/dimming status remotely by immitating cutting power.

For now I connected together two black wires on switch for Line and Load and two black wires in the wall Line and Load and control light bulb with a smart action, but it creates follow troubles:
1. You need something like smartthings to turn switch off if smart light bulb was turned off from app - currently this scenario is not supported by kasa smart action 

2. In case of wifi failure, I will not be able to control my lights from switch, which is a big problem.

Please advise.

P.S. So far I am happy by purchase, but there is so much functionality missed and need to be implemented ASAP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 0

Related Articles