TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..
2023-06-16 09:50:38

@Jalmari 

Hi,
On the Samsung EVO card page, you can see the warranty state 'Warranty does not extend to dashcam, CCTV, surveillance camera, and other write-intensive uses'.

The process to store videos on the SD card and watch videos on the SD via the Tapo app is a continuous fast read-and-write SD card process, and some SD cards are not suited for the usage scenario, such as the Samsung EVO. 

We do suggest choosing an official high Endurance SD card, which can guarantee performance when working with cameras. And you can pay attention to whether the warranty policy of the SD card has the following statement before purchasing the SD card: 
This warranty does not cover use of the Product in connection with the following uses or devices: (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) video monitoring, security, and surveillance devices, (iii) internet protocol/network cameras, (iv) in-car recording devices/dashboard cameras/black box cameras, (v) display devices that loop video, (vi) continuous recording set top box devices, (vii) continuous data logging devices like servers, or (viii) other excessive uses that exceed normal use in accordance with published instructions. 

If there is a similar statement, it means that the SD card is not suitable to be used on smart cameras.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-16 11:12:48

@Solla-topee 

I find this odd. There is clearly problems with another manufactures cards also, with same symptoms (see https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/508732?replyId=1153896 and https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/508732?replyId=1030918). How can it be that phones and cameras are able to record videos to EVO cards, but your product is not able do that?

Is this Samsung Evo incompatibility noted in C310 selling boxes? I only see texts like "up to 128GB microSD".

Which Tapo camera models support and which does not support Samsung Evo? Please specify. (https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3048/ and text "* Samsung EVO is not supported on all cameras."). Is it working on some TAPO cameras, or not any of those?

Warranty stament from Samsung tells that 10 year warranty does not apply for surveillance cameras etc. How can it be that with phones and computers i am able to format these Samsung EVO cards, but with C310 it cannot be done. To me it sounds like the problem is in your end/cameras.

Options
2023-06-20 12:06:17

@Jalmari 

What I understand is that the FAQ(https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3048/) applies to all Kasa and Tapo cameras, and maybe Tapo C200 is an indoor camera, and the C310 is an outdoor camera that is triggered to record videos more frequently thus your Samsung EVO card is easier to report an issue when working with the Tapo C310.
I think inserting a different SD card into the C310 can test if it has a hardware issue, and if yes, you can contact tech support/retailer to confirm the camera is under warranty.smiley

Options
2023-07-10 19:38:13

@Co0LD0wN 

I think that tp-link need to stop repeating the same numb nut dialoge and sort this problem out!

Clearly something in the last firmware update is causing this problem!

The tapo App will attempt to initiialize and/or Format the SD Card but always says there is a problem with the Card.

If I check the card on my laptop it shows it nearly full of files! The first 10 or so are BAT files and the rest are MP4 files which are unreadable.

Come on tp-link, own up and sort this out or the 2 C310 cameras I have bought are going staight back to Argos! 

THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Options
2023-07-11 23:41:09

New Tapo camera not formatting any sd cards. Took the SD card from my other Tapo camera and it won't format this one either, I put it back in the original Tapo camera and formatting no problem. So SD working in one Tapo camera and not in the  other Tapo camera. So it's not the SD cards.

Options
2023-07-12 10:12:53

@Slgkk   @Blackstar 

Hi,
You can refer to the link to troubleshoot and Start a New Thread if you'd like to get further help.

Best Regards

Options
Related Articles