C100 activity zone not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-10 15:49:45 - last edited 2021-11-10 15:52:11
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi,

I bought a C100 recently.

I set the activity zone but it appears it does not function. The alarm goes off with motion outside the set zone.

There is a fence to the left of where the camera is positioned, and on the road occasionally a bus goes by that can be seen above the fence, moving in an area outside of the activity zone. The alarm sound and LED goes off.

Even if I adjust the activity zone to be nowhere near the left of the video, such that it could not possibly detect the top of the bus above the fence, it still does this.

How can I fix this? There appears to be nothing more I can do, the activity zone is set correctly and there are no other options to adjust in the app.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:C100 activity zone not working
2021-11-12 01:39:49 - last edited 2021-11-12 01:41:57

Hello @tapowapo 

The change of light e.g. moving car light in camera image or small movement like bushes in the wind may also trigger alerts.  You could lower sensitivity if there are such movement in the tripped clips. 

If the concern persists, please reply with the following information so we could look in to it further, thank you

• A photo of camera Activity Zone
  • A  video clip showing the problem
  • Mac address of camera ( please share via private message)

I will also create a support email to better assist with the concern, you may also share details with us through email.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 1