First time posting here.
I've the KL135, it didn't let me select it on the models list. Closest thing was the KL130.
Firstly, whenever the wall switch is on and the bulb is turned off from the Kasa or Alexa apps, or via voice command through my Echo, there's a very soft glow. I'm not sure if this is by design or not, so I'm not counting that as a problem per se. It also doesn't bother me, it's kinda nice even, but the light only goes completely off when I switch it off from the wall switch, which I never do, so it always has at least that minimal glow. I've checked and it's less than 1% brightness on any color or white temperature. It's mostly visible at night when it's dark. During the day you barely notice it.
Now, besides that, every time I turn it on, either from my Echo, the Alexa app on my phone, or the Kasa app on my phone, the following things are wrong for the first couple of minutes:
On the Kasa app:
- The light turns on but it doesn't keep the previous setting. It turns on in the white temperature that's in the middle on the Alexa app (I haven't checked what the actual temperature is).
- The brightness is at 100% and the brightness toggle doesn't change brightness but instead changes the temperature for the white. The lower the brightness you set, the warmer the white. The screen for you to change the temperature works as intended, it changes the temperature.
- If you go to the color screen to choose a specific color after you first turned the bulb on on the app, you're able to set whatever color you want but you're only able to control brightness from maybe 50% to 100% (I'm guessing it's 50%, maybe it's more, but it doesn't go to the minimum brightness for sure).
- If you select a color from the edge of the color palette, you have full brightness control as it should be, and you're able to select any random color you want on the edge of the color palette after that and still control brightness fully. However, as soon as you select any other color that's not on the edge, the light defaults to white with a very slight tint of the color you're selecting, regardless of where on the palette it is, as if you were selecting something almost close to the center. Changing anything on the brightness screen generates a weird mix of the same color but with a warmer tone (since the brightness toggle only controls temperature unless you're on one of the colors that are on the edge).
On the Alexa app and via voice command through my Echo:
- If I remember correctly, nothing responds, basically. You can set anything you want, but it just doesn't respond.
After a few minutes, maybe 2 or 3, it catches up to everything you tried to do while it wasn't responding properly and does it and then everything works as it should from then on. Once you turn it off and turn it back on, it sometimes works correctly from the start and sometimes it takes a few minutes again.
It's worth noting that every time I say I turn it on and off I mean from the Kasa app, the Alexa app, or via voice command from my Echo. I've mostly left the wall switch on except for a couple times Alexa and the Kasa app showed it wasn't responding even though it was getting power (I could tell because of the subtle glow I'd mentioned above that's always showing when the switch is on but the bulb has been turned off through the apps or the Echo), so I turned it off from the switch, on again, and then we were back to the normal stuff (the problems above, not actual normal with it working properly).
Is any of this normal? Cuz if it is, great, it's normal, but if it's not, I'd really wanna start looking for a solution.