tapo c200 cam FW uppdate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tapo c200 cam FW uppdate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tapo c200 cam FW uppdate
tapo c200 cam FW uppdate
2021-12-29 14:18:40

Got announcement about new FW in apk -> started updating cam FW remotely (cam is in another country and was online before FW was updated)
After the update is complete, the camera is offline (still OFF line after several hours)
Are there any tips on how to reconnect the camera remotely (will not be in place for several months)?
Strange behavior of a FW update. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:tapo c200 cam FW uppdate
2021-12-30 06:14:37 - last edited 2021-12-30 06:15:19

Hello @ludde28 

Thank you for your feedback. 

• Do you have a way to reboot Wi-Fi router remotely , or you will need to manually reboot camera when someone is at home. 
  • Make sure camera connect to router directly not through extender. 

May I know the model of router, does camera connect to router directly or through extender, camera  Mac if possible, I will make a note and see if any optimization could be done.   

Options
Re:tapo c200 cam FW uppdate
2021-12-30 08:09:41

@Solla-topee 
Hi,
sorry, I dont think it is possible do that remotely. Secondly even if it could be done, reboote router may create problems with other smart things connected to it.
I have no idea of what router i have - the internet provider installed it.
Does it means that the security cam will be not working for months until i return back to my holiday home?
If so , not good at all.
The programers MUST be more careful and make more and better safety checks before they send an updated, especially when it is a security product.
I can see that You have a problem with make software right, it is second issue (first was L530 SW issue) and way more serious then the first one (you can read it in my tread in bulb section).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 2

Related Articles