c200 audio backchannel via third party software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 22:57:12 - last edited 2022-07-25 08:05:26
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How can i setup c200 camera for "talk" (onvif or rtsp audio backchannel) in ispy(agent dvr)? Official guideline is missing this information.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:c200 audio backchannel via third party software-Solution
2022-01-04 01:10:34 - last edited 2022-07-25 08:05:26

Hello @Fffffrrrrrrrrrr 

Tapo Camera does not support 'Bi-directional audio' on a surveillance software, Tapo camera is ONVIF Profile S compatible, while this is a feature supported by Onvfi Profile T.
Profile S allows audio to be sent from a device to a video management system, so we could hear the sound from camera, but not audio output from system to the device, you could get more details from Profile S from here:

https://www.onvif.org/profiles/profile-s/

You may have to use two-way audio feature through Tapo app. 

Thank you for your suggestion with the official guideline, we will consider add this into QAs or related FAQ.

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:c200 audio backchannel via third party software-Solution
2022-01-04 01:10:34 - last edited 2022-07-25 08:05:26

Hello @Fffffrrrrrrrrrr 

Tapo Camera does not support 'Bi-directional audio' on a surveillance software, Tapo camera is ONVIF Profile S compatible, while this is a feature supported by Onvfi Profile T.
Profile S allows audio to be sent from a device to a video management system, so we could hear the sound from camera, but not audio output from system to the device, you could get more details from Profile S from here:

https://www.onvif.org/profiles/profile-s/

You may have to use two-way audio feature through Tapo app. 

Thank you for your suggestion with the official guideline, we will consider add this into QAs or related FAQ.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:c200 audio backchannel via third party software
2022-04-17 21:14:08

@Solla-topee - would you be so kind and share URI and documentation what calls to run to control camera sound, codec in which to send stream, etc?

The best would be if you could bump the ONVIF profile to Profile T - that would save massive amount of work to follow your documentation.

It is all in aim to get more customers using Tapo which is business benefit for you guys, as same firmware can be run across multiple of your cams - one time job - multiplied benefit.

Thanks!

Options
2022-04-18 02:17:45

@Lirovy Thank you for the feedback. . I'm afraid support does not have the information about coding/ command used on camera or API related information, I believe those are not open to end users but only authorized third party business partner like Google/ Amazon etc. You may have a check on GitHub or third party forum if you use any third party software. 

For profile T request,it is still on the stage of collecting feedback with this feature, any user who are interested in this feature, feel free to leave your comments below, this helps when this feature is raised for evaluation. 

Options
2022-08-15 10:49:07

@Solla-topee I have also set up this this camera with third party surveillance software and got everything working except for the two way audio. Adding profile T to the firmware would definitely be appreciated. This is the only thing keeping me from buying more cameras of the same model to complete my security system.

Options
2022-09-01 19:30:31

@Solla-topee 
I'm pretty sure that gaining Onvfi Profile T support or even simply api availability for audio backchannel would incredibly increase the value of C200 devices.

Options
2022-09-20 08:07:05
Hello, Thank you for your info. I would really need the ONVIF Profile T on my Tapo C100 and C200. So, please, take in consideration enabling it via a software update. Thanks.
Options
2022-09-21 08:36:54

@ superior technology is what i like the most, thank

Options
2022-10-07 22:17:27

I am here to "add a vote" for ONVIF Profile T. Proper audio backchannel would be really useful.

Options
2022-12-06 10:01:56

@koteeq 

Yes. I really hope they add and allow bi-directional audio soon. Profile T please ASAP. OTHERWISE the camera really is not useful for homeowners.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1444

Replies: 9