[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

94 Reply
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2024-08-31 11:04:45

@Solla-topee 

Hi,
Hoping that the version 1.0 models are part of the pipeline of adding static IP.

I have C110 v1.0 and would love to have this feature in it too.

Thanks!

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Same problem here. Wish I would've found this thread before I bought this dumb thing.

Tapo C310 v2.0 with latest firmware (1.3.11) does not show the "static IP" option (or any network settings for that matter) under "advanced", as described earlier in this thread.

A little bit of background. Been using TP-link IP cameras for over a decade now. They used to rock. Now with such a simple missing setting as this, this device is useless. Longstanding TP-Link customer of over 15 years, sorry but I'll never buy a TP-Link product again!

Also, who ever decided using an app to set this thing up was a good idea? Amazon Frustration-Free setup? Frustration-free my but! How about a camera that just gets an IP address when plugged in and has a web interface with a static IP option? The "new" method is not easier, nor better, in any possible way.

Kind of thought these, umm, "features" were included when I found that it has an ethernet port. Next time I'll just go with another vendor.

/rant

Options
a week ago

@langamer101 Yes, I jkust wasted quite a bit of time looking for where to set a static IP address, so I can link my C210 cameras to a NAS via static IP, Glad I saw this post and I hope TP-Link get this quite basic feature enabled soon. 

Options
a week ago

@cdoasis 

I completely agree

Options

Voters 52

+ 48 Voters