Tapo C200 fails to pair on 2 different networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-21 02:22:14
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I have 4x Tapo C200 at home and recently 1 of them suddenly became offline for unknown reasons (there were no changes or anything made on my network).

What I did was try to factory reset the C200 and tried to re-connect it to the network but when the camera says "Connecting to Wifi" it just ends there, and on my TAPO APP, after a few minutes, I just says failed to pair. I tried factory resetting again, still the same issue.

Thinking it has something to do with our network, I then went to our store (I also have a Tapo C200 there and a different router/ISP setup), then factory resetted the faulty C200, tried to reconnect - same issue and I can now confirm that the camera itself has a problem.

I tried using a new Tapo account but still same issue. I did however encounter that it can be "locally managed" only.

Is there any way it can still be fixed?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 fails to pair on 2 different networks
2022-01-29 03:44:53 - last edited 2022-01-29 03:52:04

Hello @acesxi 

sorry for the late response, may I know were you able to set up the camera? 

We have a troubleshooting guide here and you could try some suggestions there: 

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If camera shows local only, please try some tips here :

• Reboot camera 
  • Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Check router firewall log/ settings, and see if any tplink domain or related request has been blocked by router. 
  • Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders
  • Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control/ Mac Filtering settings may affect the camera

If camera failed to connect to Wi-Fi, please check the camera Led status, it is red or flashing green?May I know the model of router, does camera connect to router WiFi directly or through extender? 

Options
2022-01-31 03:07:54

hi @Solla-topee as mentioned on my post:

1. I have 4pcs Tapo C200 installed on our home, 1 of them became offline and even after several factory reset attempts it does not connect to the wifi anymore
2. I went to our store (different router and ISP) which has also an existing C200

Any other configuration I can try aside from the ones you've mentioned? I already did the basic troubleshooting guide mentioned or could this be a hardware failure?

Options
2022-03-08 06:01:18 - last edited 2022-03-08 06:04:18

Hello   @acesxi 

Sorry I overlooked your case, ' failed to pair ' could be related to the network environment, you could try to connect camera to a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi network and see if camera could connect it. Consider you have tried different routers & ISPs(store Wi-Fi), you could contact retailer to check device warranty first. 

Further, troubleshooting requires some debug , if you still have the same concern, please let me know or send a private message, thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 656

Replies: 3