Tapo C200 Camera Memory Card issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 04:01:46
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I'm having issues with both of my tapo c200. 

Everyday, I scheduled both camera for auto reboot but sometimes after auto reboot, memory card is not detected. I had to reboot the camera again for it to work. 

Mem card storage is 32gb. I've already tried bunch of class 10 memory card to validate if it's an issue with the card but seems to be happening on the other ones. 

Is this a known issue?

Options
11 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Camera Memory Card issue
2022-01-26 01:23:39

Hello @aadesilva 

Thank you for your detailed post.

Can you help Verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software as guide below and share a photo with us 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/
NOTE: back up important files before run the test

Confirm Tapo APP and tapo device firmware are both up - to - date

If still the same issue, please help provide some information here to help locate the issue

1.  Brand & capacity of the SD 

2.  a photo of SD card

3.  a photo of H2testw test result 
4.  Tapo APP version ( Tapo APP-> Me-> About)

May I know do 2 cameras use the same type of SD card? Please share the Mac address of your camera to us via private message, thank you

Options
2022-01-26 09:13:20

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Please see below response.

1. Samsung Evo Plus 32GB Class 10

2 and 3. I don't have an actual photo right now and will not be able to take the test because I'm on vacation. I'm pretty much sure that my sd cards are not fake as I bought it from samsung retail store and did the test before I inserted it in the cameras. Also, my other CCTVs with other brands uses the same sd card without issues at all. Recording with tapo is good, quality is great, not lagging during playback. That's the only issue I'm getting every after auto reboot.

4. version 2.4.57

I'll send you the mac address of both cameras. And yes they uses the same sd card along with our non tapo devices which we don't see that issue. 

Options
2022-03-20 12:22:44

@aadesilva My camera messed my NEW SD CARD SAMSUNG 128GB and I cannot write any data, format or delete data from it. The camera recognized the card but was not able to write other files. I hope you are not encrypting our SD cards to force us to buy CLOUD Services, right?

Options
2022-03-20 12:23:12
This is a wrong message from SUPPORT
Options
2022-03-20 12:23:32
OUR SD CARD are not FAKE, MR.
Options
2022-03-20 12:24:55

@aadesilva @TP-LINK C200 - YOU Either encrypt our cards, or someone else got their hands and messed the cards. Give us the password to unlock the card or fix the issue.

Options
2022-03-21 01:10:33

Hello   @drbotxsec 

Can you help provide some information here, and we will try to look into the issue further :

1.  Brand & capacity of the SD 

2.  a photo of SD card

3.  a photo of H2testw test result 
4.  Tapo APP version ( Tapo APP-> Me-> About)

5. Model of camera & Mac address of camera, please share via private message

thank you. 

Options
2022-03-21 02:51:02

@Solla-topee 

is there an update on my issue? Still getting the same issue every after reboot of camera. As mentioned, same sd cards installed in non tapo cameras all are working fine. 

Options
2022-03-21 08:47:19

Hello  @aadesilva 

sorry for the late update, confirm tapo APP is up to date now and see if its still the same. 

Can I have a photo of the SD card & H2testw test results if possible? To better assist with your case I would like to escalate your case through support email, please check your inbox later. 

Options
2022-03-21 09:19:35

@Solla-topee 

yes my app is up to date. Unfortunately, I thought I could provide you but it's mounted atop and can't reach it by regular ladder. But as previously mentioned, playback and recording is good. If it's fake, I would have gone into a problem as other non tapo devices are using the same sd card without issues. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1554

Replies: 11