Sd suddenly stops working, can't format

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-29 22:39:39
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

My tapo c100 worked well with the 128 GB Samsung micro SD. Then it suddenly stops working and can't format the sd within the device. When it happened before I returned the sd. But now the same thing happens again. What's going wrong here. The sd has remained within the device

Options
4 Reply
Re:Sd suddenly stops working, can't format
2022-02-06 13:54:44

@Hermke 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For your SD card issue, please try the suggestions in this guide and see if it helps:

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Options
2022-02-06 14:13:48

@Solla-topee 

I've seen these suggestions. But they work when the problem is with the SD card. Both times it has worked, and while remaining within the device, then stopped working. To me, it makes most sense that the problem is with the device not recognizing the card, or the device damaging the card

Options
2022-02-07 08:49:26
I had the same problem (64G) but i got a msg saying the sd card was full and stopped recording (assuming you have selected "loop recording" I took the sd card out and reformated Fat 32 it on my pc and off it went . you can get a week for that amount so will wait and see if it happens again. So it may be a fault in the Rollover feature in the app if so there will be a flood of unhappy users.
Options
2022-02-09 15:11:07 - last edited 2022-02-09 15:14:52

Hi @Hermke 

Thank you for the updated information, do you mean you have tried the two exact same SD cards?

Can you verify the SD card with H2testw software  ( check if ii an expanded capacity SD card) as the instruction below and share a photo with the test results  (back up important files before run the test)
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

If the card still cannot be formatted, please help confirm some details as following:

1) The brand  & Capacity of the SD card: 128 GB Samsung micro SD

A picture of the card would be great.

2) The screenshot of the test results using H2testW.
3) a photo of error message showing on the SD card page of the APP?
4)Tapo app version

5)  MAC address of Tapo camera, please share the Mac to us via private message, thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 4

Related Articles