Warning - changing you cam from Ethernet to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 14:24:38

It wasnt obvious to me but when I had to change my C310 originally set up for cable back to wifi, you have to use the mobile you first set up your TP link ID with at the very beginning.  You will see that the Tapo app is subtly different from the one you will see on all your other subsidiary devices

you cant eg add a new cam from other phones/tablets. it wont be found, no explanation or hints

so go back to your first phone and its all ok

I guess its a security matter they dont choose to tell you about - like so many things

I suppose we will eventually have a list of tricks a mile long

but on the positive side I looked at semi pro ptz cams of equiv 1080p spec to the C200 you could pay £500 - £1000 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!  C200 ca £30 nuff said world beater IMHO

Options
1 Reply
Re:Warning - changing you cam from Ethernet to wifi
2022-02-07 11:54:25

@Robintes 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Actually, for configuration, it doesn't matter if you are using first mobile phone that you set up TP link ID with at the very beginning. As long as you log in to the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID, you will be able to add or manage device. If you have problem adding a new cam on other phones, please tell me which step you get stuck in, then I have chance to provide assistance accordingly. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1

Related Articles