Kasa mini plugs and networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 23:10:10 - last edited 2022-02-09 23:13:31

I use 3 networks in my house , one is BELL FIBE network ( 2,4G and 5,0G) and the 2 other ones are extended network TP-LINK RE-450 and TP-LINK RE-650 which work on 2,4G and 5,0 G.

These 3 networks work well with all my devices ( PC, iPhone, iPad, smart TV, printer, etc) in my home 

I succeeded to link 4 Kasa mini plugs EP10 with TP-LINK 2,4G RE-450 but I was not able to connect them using my original network BELL FIBE and TP-LINK 2,5G RE-650 and I'm trying to find why.

I tried to connect KASA devices with these networks many times, changing often distances between KASA devices and modems without success.

So If somebody knows why KASA mini plugs can't connect with these networks but can with 2,4G RE-450, please help me.

Best regards 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa mini plugs and networks
2022-02-10 01:16:35

Hello @PLR 

May I know at which steps the set-up failed the error?  Please try some suggestions in guide here and let us know if that helps. 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

To simply the network environment,  it is suggested temporarily powering off range extenders when we set up smart plug. 

As tapo plug EP10 only supports 2.4Ghz WiFi network  (not 5Ghz WiFi ), you could temporarily use a different SSID for 5Ghz Wi-Fi network on router  in case that confuse smart plug. 

Make sure VPN is off on the mobile phone all the time during set up process. 

If the concerns persists, Can I know the model of router , it is a router + extender? How about the Led status when set up failed and the error on tapo app? Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles