No control on a shared camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 17:10:33
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I thought that a camera shared with a member of family should be able to be moved pan/tilt by this member. I note that not, he see only what I see, if I move the cam, he see the same thing as me but he haven't control on it. Is it normal or do I missed something ? Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:No control on a shared camera
2022-02-14 06:26:03

Hello  @Caloo 

Thank you for your suggestion with camera device sharing. 

1.  Tapo APP allows to login admin account on multiple phones,if a second mobile device needs the full permissions of camera, like Talk/ Vioce Call/Pan-Tilt etc, you could try to log in admin account using same email address and password on that second device. Hope this helps!

2. Shared account could only access live view and playback so far, and only Admin account (the TP-Link ID/ email address that used to set up smart device)  has the full permissions of the camera.   FAQ:How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) with your families

Hope this helps.

Options
Re:No control on a shared camera
2022-02-14 17:37:33

@Solla-topee Thank you for your confirmation, it's what I noticed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 2

Related Articles