slow motion video stream with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 09:02:20
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I tested the display of a camera on my Echo Show 8 Gen2, and I noticed that the seconds tick by slowly, so there is a lag of several minutes quite quickly.

it's strange to see someone waiting in front of the gate while the camera doesn't show anyone ^^

moreover, I don't know if it's possible to display a better resolution stream, but the default one is really poor :/

Options
3 Reply
Re:slow motion video stream with Alexa
2022-02-18 02:51:31 - last edited 2022-02-18 03:04:08

Hello  @LolVince 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

As Alexa streaming uses Cloud- to- Cloud service. and there would be some delay/ lag requires very good network evironment

Can you  help record a video showing the issue and share the video link with us by private message

To help isolate the issue, can you help confirm some information here:

•  when Live - stream on Tapo APP locally when phone connected to Home Wi-Fi network, is there any delay? 
  •  when Live - stream on Tapo APP remotely when phone in on LTE mobile data, is there any delay? 
  • If watch video on Amazon device like echo, is there any delay
  • Mac address of camera(please share by private message)

We appreciate your suggestion with camera resolution when stream via Alexa, as far as I know that is currently set on low resolution for streaming experience. We will add it to the feature request for further evaluation and see if optimization could be done. 

Thank you

Options
2022-02-18 08:08:48

​​​​​​Hello @Solla-topee

•  when Live - stream on Tapo APP locally when phone connected to Home Wi-Fi network, is there any delay? 

- no, everything works perfectly.

•  when Live - stream on Tapo APP remotely when phone in on LTE mobile data, is there any delay? 

-following your post, I tested further, and noticed that this is happening. it's quite random, I'm sometimes on Stream2 (Low res) and sometimes on stream1 (Hight res), the delay ends up being caught up automatically (accelerated speed).

• If watch video on Amazon device like echo, is there any delay

-this looks identical to the mobile connection shown above.

Thanks for your help

Options
2022-03-08 01:53:58

Hello @LolVince 

Just add an update here, I escalated your case through support email TKID220220220, you should be able to find it in the inbox. 

Could you share the video clips showing the issue there, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 3