Changed password not working on my kasa smart bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 11:35:36 - last edited 2022-04-28 05:26:43

I recently changed my internet router, which necessitated resetting all of my smart bulbs, which I did successfully, but now I'm unable to group them. I'm using Alexa and Google to control my lights, and it echat.date says "living room doesn't support that," even though it used to. I've changed the group name, deleted and recreated the group, and verified that all of my bulbs are connected to the azar.pro internet.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changed password not working on my kasa smart bulbs-Solution
2022-03-08 01:47:22 - last edited 2022-03-08 11:48:44

Hello @HereturbiesWalt 

Could Alexa control the single light bulb properly? Or Alexa only failed to control the bulbs added in Group? 

If Alexa could not control kasa devices properly, please try some suggestions here: 

What should I do if I cannot make my Kasa device work with Alexa or Google Home?

• Check if Alexa app is using user account. Households account cannot manage the device.
  • Change a simple device name for Kasa Device,  e.g. tplink plug,kasa light. 

Can you help provide some details here to help exclude the issue, thank you

• Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app? 
  • Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App?  
  • Any error message you receive from Alexa app, please share a photo
  • What Alexa did say to a voice command and the more exact time :   e.g. 9:00AM,  ' Alexa, turn Alexa Family Room on' , Alexa responds ' ...

Thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Changed password not working on my kasa smart bulbs-Solution
2022-03-08 01:47:22 - last edited 2022-03-08 11:48:44

Hello @HereturbiesWalt 

Could Alexa control the single light bulb properly? Or Alexa only failed to control the bulbs added in Group? 

If Alexa could not control kasa devices properly, please try some suggestions here: 

What should I do if I cannot make my Kasa device work with Alexa or Google Home?

• Check if Alexa app is using user account. Households account cannot manage the device.
  • Change a simple device name for Kasa Device,  e.g. tplink plug,kasa light. 

Can you help provide some details here to help exclude the issue, thank you

• Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app? 
  • Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App?  
  • Any error message you receive from Alexa app, please share a photo
  • What Alexa did say to a voice command and the more exact time :   e.g. 9:00AM,  ' Alexa, turn Alexa Family Room on' , Alexa responds ' ...

Thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Changed password not working on my kasa smart bulbs
2022-03-08 06:45:35

@HereturbiesWalt 

Thanks for the suggestions you share with me it helped me to connect my Kasa smart Bulb to the changed password.

thanks again

Options
Re:Changed password not working on my kasa smart bulbs
2022-03-08 11:49:32

@HereturbiesWalt Glad to know you get it resolved now yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 3

Related Articles