HS100 Plug Constant Overheat Messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 09:15:05
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.10

I have several HS100 plugs. One keeps reporting overheat in the Kasa app. If I replace it in the same position with another that replacement does not report overheat. It is in a plug socket on a wall in a cold north facing room (in the UK). It is connected to a table lamp with an 11w bulb. It report overheat when not under load. I am wondering if the temperature sensor in the plug is faulty?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 Plug Constant Overheat Messages
2022-03-10 02:15:55

Hello  @Nigel_f 

Thank you for your detailed post!

Please try to factory reset HS110 smart plug by pressing the ' settings' button (look like a 'wheel') for more than 5 secs, reinstall and see if that make any difference 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

If you have swapped the location of smart plug, and also tried a different light fixture plugged into it, it could be a defective unit. 

Can I know how long do you have the smart plug, you could try to contact the retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles