Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 14:43:22 - last edited 2022-04-01 17:35:24
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I noticed from a couple of weeks that two of my cameras were not accessible through the Tapo App.

I removed it from the App as per the instructions, added it back, it worked for a couple of hours, and then it became inaccessible again (through the App or TinyCam which I also use for other cameras).

It looks that the camera still works because it sends video to a Dahua NVR I have, but it is not accessible to other apps like Tapo and Tinycam (Android). 

Something to mention is that I have a 3rd camera that's working just fine with the same settings surprise

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App-Solution
2022-03-22 02:37:51 - last edited 2022-04-01 17:35:24

Hello  @vazquezjm 

To check if its the limitation of numbers of streams, when issue occurs, close rtsp & app live view streaming and only keep 2 streams,  reboot camera from APP / tap to refresh Live view and see if that helps.  Please check your email inbox for TKID220322655, our seniors will follow up your case on that email. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App
2022-03-18 02:01:48 - last edited 2022-03-18 02:03:27

Hello  @vazquezjm 

Can I know is there any Error message when it becomes inaccessible on tapo APP, please take a photo of it and share with us here. 

Do you mean when it is not accessible, nvr surveillance software could still Live stream the camera

When camera is not accessible on the APP, try to ping camera IP on the phone and see if there is any timeout :

How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera

Options
Re:Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App
2022-03-18 11:39:03

Hi  @Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

• Can I know if camera is on tapo care (free trial)? 

No, I'm not using the tapo care.

Can I know is there any Error message when it becomes inaccessible on tapo APP, please take a photo of it and share with us here.

Yes, it says "Tap to update". The screencap is in Spanish.

Do you mean when it is not accessible, nvr surveillance software could still Live stream the camera

Correct!

When camera is not accessible on the APP, try to ping camera IP on the phone and see if there is any timeout:

No timeout, just no video. I can access the camera settings, turn on/off the status LED, etc. 

Signal intensity is -42 RSSI

Yesterday I installed a newer (v2) C100 I had as a spare and it's been working flawlessly. 

Thanks for your help.

Options
2022-03-18 11:52:22 - last edited 2022-03-18 12:05:47

@vazquezjm thank you for valuable case details,

Can I know how many devices are watching Live view at the same time? It is recommend to that 2 devices stream Live view (including app & rtsp streaming)at the same time together. There is a limitation the number of streams, if there are multiple  swatch Live view at the same time like Dahua NVR/ Tapo APP/ Tiny Cam APP/ a different mobile phone etc. 

You could try to control the number of streams, when issue happen, close one RTSP streaming, and reboot camera from APP and see if that helps. 

If the above does not help, can you help confirm some details here. 

• Can I know who is your internet provider, and the model of router, e.g. ISP XX -- router Arhcer C7 <wireless>
  • model of phone and Andriod and IOS version 
  • please check my private message and help collect the log file of camera
Options
2022-03-18 12:09:07

Solla-topee wrote

@vazquezjm thank you for valuable case details, I would like to escalate your case through support email to look into the issue further,  please check your inbox

• Can I know who is your internet provider, and the model of router, e.g. ISP XX -- router Arhcer C7 <wireless>
  • model of phone and Andriod and IOS version 
  • please check my private message and help collect the log file of camera

@Solla-topee 

• Internet provider is from Argentina: Personal 
  • The router is a TP-Link AX50
  • The phone is a Samsung S20FE, Android 12
Options
Re:Tapo C100 sets up ok, but after some time, it becomes inaccessible through the App-Solution
2022-03-22 02:37:51 - last edited 2022-04-01 17:35:24

Hello  @vazquezjm 

To check if its the limitation of numbers of streams, when issue occurs, close rtsp & app live view streaming and only keep 2 streams,  reboot camera from APP / tap to refresh Live view and see if that helps.  Please check your email inbox for TKID220322655, our seniors will follow up your case on that email. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-01 17:35:07

@Solla-topee 

I was able to solve the issue with the help of the Support Engineers. 

TP-Link: your support team makes the difference between a shitty not so good company and a good one wink

Options
2022-04-02 08:06:27

@vazquezjm 

It looks like another third party software Home Assistant also requests RTSP so APP reports 'reach the device limit, tap to try again'  message after reviewing the email.

Glad to know it was resolved. Thank you for update and sharing solution here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 7