TAPO C320WS Email notification with photo and ftp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-03 09:37:57 - last edited 2022-07-27 06:38:47

Hi.

I take a look at TAPO C320WS camera.

But nothing about detection alert :

- Is it possible to send email with photo when motion is detected?

- Is it possible to save video on motion dection on ftp server?

Thanks for your reply.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TAPO C320WS Email notification with photo and ftp
2022-05-05 05:49:00 - last edited 2022-05-05 06:02:34

@miniil 

Thank you for the feedback, Tapo camera supports APP notification  to the phone, or Rich notification with  Tapo Care subscription, but not  Email notification yet, nor the FTP feature. Camera uses SD card and support RTSP & Onvif protocol, we  could store the video clips in the SD card with proper setup or store videos into a NVR(requires purhcase an NVR device to use this)

FTP / email notification is a nice idea! It is encouraged to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo,in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation! Thank you.  

Options
2022-05-05 06:36:04

@Solla-topee Thanks but I tried your camera because I have got a smart plug tapo P100 and I think it may be possible to create automatisation with those devices.

Example : When a motion is detected by camera turn on the smart plug.  But it is not possible.

This camera without email notification, without ftp, without web access, without automatisation is useless :(

So I decide to return this camera back.

Options
2022-05-05 10:17:39 - last edited 2022-06-30 11:57:35

@miniil Regret to hear that, I hope you could find a suitable camera soon.  the Smart action/ automation is also a feature that under development.

If any user requests the same,feel free to start a new thread in Tapo Feature request board or comment/ vote for your loved feature on Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo , that helps when this feature is raised for evaluation help us prioritize the feature you request, thank you! 

Options
2022-09-02 05:38:33
I support this requested feature to email video/duration as well as FTP feature to be enabled.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1845

Replies: 4

Related Articles