Kasa smart bulbs loosing wifi...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-05 04:43:28 - last edited 2022-05-25 03:45:02

Hi

So I have a lamp with 3 smart bulbs in a "group". And day one they worked great. Now , day 4, every time I give an Alexa command they do the command then instantly loose wifi connection. I have to open the kasa app and wait for them to refresh, then I can give exactly one command and they drop the echat.date wifi again. It's annoying chatspin.download, any advice ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa smart bulbs loosing wifi...
2022-05-05 10:40:10 - last edited 2022-05-05 10:40:40

Hello   @RickyReyesmatri 

May I know how did you tell smart bulb to lose wifi connection?  If bulb loses Wi-Fi it will disappear from router's client list and should be unreachable in Kasa APP .

• Please confirm smart bulb has a strong wifi signal in case1
  • Check if there is any Advanced WiFi settings on main Router, if so, temporarily turn it off :  Band Steering(Smart Connect)/ Channel optimization(Wi-Fi Optimizing) etc

When issue occur, can you help provide some details here to help exclude the issue, thank you

• Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app? 
  • Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App?  
  • Any error message you receive from Alexa app, please share a photo
  • What Alexa did say to a voice command and the more exact time :   e.g. 9:00AM,  ' Alexa, turn Alexa Family Room on' , Alexa responds ' ...

Does other network device connected to router work stably at that time, what is the model of router, do you have camera connect to router directly or through extender, what is the Alexa APP version? Please share the MAC address of bulb with us via private message,   Thank you

Options
2022-05-09 07:05:29

I have get full bars on my phone where the lights are in the room so I don't think that is it

Options
2022-08-11 01:45:30

Hello  @RickyReyesmatri 

May I know was the problem solved for the bulb later. You may also let us know how did you find bulb disconnect from Wifi, can you access bulb locally or remotely at that time. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 488

Replies: 3

Related Articles