tapo doesn't have e-mail notification

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 19:34:39

I just bought two tapo cameras TC65 and C320WS. I am already using an NC260 with tpCamera app with maximum satisfaction. I try to protect with this survilance camera a small building where I am not living. The function of e-mail notification of movement is more than perfect. Now with the new app Tapo this function is disappeared and I was not carefull enough to read the details just when I tried to set realized it does not exist anymore. Instead of that you can use an SD card what a housebreaker can take with him -> evidence lost or you can buy a cloud to store it yearly for a new camera price. Or you can watch your mobile when the continues disturbing notifications come and try to take a photo 24 hours a day. Now I am sending back these two nice camera to the store and try to buy something usefull stuff.

Options
5 Reply
Re:tapo doesn't have e-mail notification
2022-05-11 01:59:49 - last edited 2022-05-11 02:00:00

@erno12 

Thank you for the feedback. Tapo Camera supports SD card recording as well as pushing Notifications to the phone, with those you could save the video clips in SD card and playback on the APP and get notifications when something happened. 

With Tapo care subscription, user will have some more great features like cloud videos and Rich Notification with snapshot to the phone. 

If you worry the camera being stolen, this guide will help  Protect Your TP-Link Camera From being Stolen. 

Email notification is a nice idea! It is encouraged to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo, in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation! Thank you.  

Options
2022-05-11 06:57:57

@Solla-topee 

Please, imagine a situation, you have a surveillance camera what records a person who tries to do something bad. Now I have a picture from his face on a safe space on my email folder immediately. You suggest to save it for the SD card. And what if the bad guy take the camera with him how do I get the pictures from his face??? Obviously I do not want to wake up in the middle of the night for every push message of the phone and check if there is a movement or a false alarm. Why the NC260 of your product could do it with the tpCamera app and now as a new feature you removed it? You lose one of your selling factor in my opinion and customers of you will go to the concurency. As I will do it .

Options
2022-05-15 11:45:25

@erno12 

very unusual to have this lack of functionality

question @TP-Link marketing dept;

a user buy a camera for less than 30€, he/she discovers that a basic and fundamental function is missing and he has to decide one of this 2 options:

1) pay per month in a year more than what he/she has spent in buying the hardware (for sure Marketing Dept. know exactly how many had done this choice, I'd suppose very very few)

2) ask for refund, buy another brand camera and avoid tp-link product for the future

is it possible to have this feature?

BR

andrea

Options
2022-07-09 03:26:27

TP-Link won't be adding this feature because they want you to pay for their subscription which includes it.

Why would they add it for free when they can sell it to you every month?

Options
2022-07-18 13:39:37

@SimonC1 For this problem, I use in parallel an NVR Dahua.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1500

Replies: 5

Related Articles