TC70 - RTSP Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TC70 - RTSP Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TC70 - RTSP Issues
TC70 - RTSP Issues
2022-05-17 17:47:36 - last edited 2022-05-30 08:16:10
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Had this camera working fine streaming to local NVR (via ONVIF) + VLC (via RTSP) for many months; however recently cannot connect through VLC or other 3rd party apps using RTSP.

VLC error for stream1 and stream2: 

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://username:password@192.168.0.xx:554/stream1'. Check the log for details.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://username:password@192.168.0.xx:554/stream2'. Check the log for details.

If I reboot camera (with micoSD card inserted), ONVIF also stops working when using http://192.168.0.xx:2020/onvif/device_service

This site can’t be reached192.168.0.xx refused to connect.

Only way to get ONVIF working is by removing the microSD card and then placing it back in once connected.

Tried disabling MicroSD recording and then rebooting but that doesn't help. I have to physically remove the microSD card.

No settings have ben changed on my NVR, VLC or Tapo camera app for that matter. PC, NVR + camera are on the same local network.

One thing that may have caused this is that I inadvertantly switched on the 30day Cloud Trial Offer. Durig this period I was getting warning notifications suggesting that microSD and NVR recording at the same time is not optimal. Surely microSD recording should always be allowed if enabled (as a minimum) and serve as a backup should the camera lose it's wifi connection and thus stops streaming. With the microSD (local recording), you at least can review recorded videos during this 'outage' (?)

I have now cancelled the trial, but the 'bug' remains!

Please advise urgently as this is impacting my livestrem monitoring as a carer of an old person.

Anyone else having issues with RTSP live streaming?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TC70 - RTSP Issues-Solution
2022-05-27 10:48:57 - last edited 2022-05-30 08:16:10

Hi  @Solla-topee 

You are correct the Tapo Care trial while I (thought I) canceled. was not fully deactivated as the videos were still being uploaded to the cloud. I have now manged to find the cancel trial button again and this time, the Tapo care features + cloud video recording has stopped.

local NVR + remote NVR + SD card + Tapo app streaming/recording are now working (as expected).

Product Feature Request: It would be good to be able to see in the Tapo app how many clients (including SD card) are connected* to the camera and via which stream. Throughput rate (kb/s) against each of these could also be beneficial.

* By connected I mean, streaming or recording (in the case of the SD card)

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:TC70 - RTSP Issues
2022-05-18 01:38:35 - last edited 2022-05-20 08:06:38

Update explanation

Hello  @JavidC 

Thank you for your detailed post, really appreciate your work with troubleshooting. 

1. The Camera supports two of the three functions among Tapo Care/SD card/NVR(Onvif or RTSP streaming) working at the same time and here is an QA explaining this 

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

For instance,  if you wish to use SD card recording and Tapo Care (free trial), then turn off NVR or Surveillance software to ensure performance.

If a related message pops up, you could either unplug SD/ deactivate Tapo care/ turn off NVR surveillance software and Reboot camera (important) before test the other two functions. 

2. Each camera supports up to 2 simultaneous video streams. When you test RTSP (ONVIF also RTSP streaming) / Tapo APP, just keep 2 streams and turn OFF extra softwares which are trying to stream the camera. For example, when use NVR surveillance software and Tapo APP, turn off VLC Player and make sure it is not sending a request. 

3. If you have set up multiple RTSP streaming, try to use Stream 1 and Stream 2 separately, for example, NVR1 use Steam1, NVR2 use Stream2. 

If still the same, can I know which software/ APP for streaming at the same time, how many devices are trying to watch live view.

Please try to get the camera log and share the log file with us (you could share the log file by private message use shared link of Google Drive or One Drive etc) , a photo of error when try to user tsp or onvif, and share the the MAC address of camera with us via private message, thank you. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Options
2022-05-18 15:57:45

Hi @Solla-topee thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have removed the SD card and able to stream to a local NVR + use the Tapo App remotely (LQ mode only). I did notice that when streaming via VLC, the Tapo App would not work and vice versa.

In the past while having the SD card recording, I was able to stream to 1 local NVR + 1 remote NVR (backup) and occasionally use the Tapo App without noticing any issues. Possibly I didn't notice occasional NVR disconnects when using the Tapo App...

Q1: When you say the Camera supports two of the three among Tapo Care/SD card/NVR(onvif or rtsp streaming) working at the same time. To clarify, you can for example:

record via SD card + use RTSP stream1 or stream2 (but not both RTSP streams at the same time)?

FYI:

Local NVR = Hikvision (viewing through iVMS 4200 client). Config is per below:

Remote NVR = QNAP's QVR Pro. Config is per below:

Q2: At the moment (without SD card inserted) my remote NVR is not able to connect (anymore). Based on what you've said, I'm assuming that's because my local NVR has taken up the ONVIF/RTSP port/allocation?

Q3: Apologies, I'm not very technical... Even if you setup local NVR to use ONVIF protocol (port 2020), it still uses RTSP (port 554) for streaming?

In summary (as only 2 streams are supported at the same time)  it appears I can do either

a) local NVR (ONVIF/RTSP stream1) + Tapo App (LQ/stream2), or

b) local NVR (ONVIF/RTSP stream1) + VLC (stream2), or

Q4: Should I able to do below combination also:

c) local NVR (ONVIF/RTSP stream1) + remote NVR (ONVIF/RTSP stream2) ? If so, maybe I need to figure out how to switch from stream1 to stream2... to get remote NVR to (re)connect

Finally, while I appreciate there are hardware limitations, I would expect the camera to always record locally to SD card (if inserted and enabled) - which would serve as a backup (to review later) should the camera lose it's wifi connection and then coem back online.

Happy to provide MAC/logs privately if required.

Options
2022-05-20 07:59:54 - last edited 2022-05-20 08:09:03

@JavidC 

Q1/ Q3. Some update on my last reply. 

Q2. You should be able to use : SD card recording + use RTSP stream1 & stream2 (both RTSP streams at the same time)

Q4. When  local NVR ( ONVIF/ RTSP stream1) + remote NVR (ONVIF/RTSP stream2), 

Yes, it is recommended to check if 2* NVRs uses the same Stream, it is recommend to let NVRs use Stream1 / Stream 2 separately , like local NVR use Stream1, remote NVR use stream2.

- reboot Camera and check if your remote NVR works or not. 

- check if router's public IP has changed, make sure you use updated public IP of router 

Options
2022-05-20 12:06:44 - last edited 2022-05-27 03:13:16

Hi  @Solla-topee 

Thanks for providing the additional clarification.

I'm pleased to say, both local + remote NVRs are now working (again). To fix the problem I stopped local NVR recording, managed to re-establish connection via remote NVR and then restarted local NVR. At the same time I can connect either via VLC (LQ/stream2) or the Tapo App (LQ). Remote NVR has stream1 hardcoded and I can't seem to change it; while local NVR can connect to either stream. So need to have remote NVR run first and "grab" stream1 first.

So in conclusion, I can run max 3 streams concurrently; 1x stream1 (HQ) + 2x stream2 (LQ). Hopefully when I put the SD card back in it will also work/record concurrently (based on what you said above) without any issues.

Options
2022-05-23 08:24:17 - last edited 2022-05-23 08:26:15

@JavidC Glad to know running  remote NVR first to get Stream1 , then connect  local NVR helps with your case. 

May I know did you gather any camera log when remote NVR failed to connect, if so,share the log with us via private message (you may use Google Drive or OneDrive to create a link) , this may help analyze what happened at that time. 

I think the SD card recording should work fine now, feel free to let us know for any further observation.

Options
2022-05-25 12:57:58

Hi  @Solla-topee 

Inserting the SD card causes problems (again). Remote NVR has stopped recording again. Shortly after inserting SD card, Tapo app gave the warning that NVR + SD card recording is not "optimal" and NVR recording has been disabled...

I have switched off local NVR recording and now with local and remote NVR's not streaming; Tapo App streaming OK, but VLC (RTSP stream1 and stream2) not working (even when I stop using the Tapo app). 

Also worth noting that while I cancelled the Tapo Care trial, videos are still being uploaded to the cloud. I guess I need to wait until the 30 day trial period is actually passed.

Disabling 'microSD card Recording' via the Tapo app + rebooting does not resolve the issue. I have to physically remove the SD card.

I have enabled disgnostics via the Tapo app and will try to get the logs; but bear in mind I have to physically remove the SD card to get things working and logs are stored on SD card....

Options
2022-05-27 03:36:50 - last edited 2022-05-27 03:52:06

Hello   @JavidC 

I assume that the Tapo Care Free Trial was not successfully canceled for the camera when you first time reach out to us, camera should stop recording to cloud after you cancel the free trial. Can you check if your NVR and SD card recording work fine right now? 

If the remote or local NVR still not working, can you let us know what are functions are being used and the streams

e.g. Remote NVR + Local NVR + SD card recording, no other apps running.

If you use Tapo APP for streaming,how many mobile devices are to watch live view at that time. 

To better assist with your case, I'd create a support email  TKID220528579 to follow up further, you could share the log with us via support email. 

Options
Re:TC70 - RTSP Issues-Solution
2022-05-27 10:48:57 - last edited 2022-05-30 08:16:10

Hi  @Solla-topee 

You are correct the Tapo Care trial while I (thought I) canceled. was not fully deactivated as the videos were still being uploaded to the cloud. I have now manged to find the cancel trial button again and this time, the Tapo care features + cloud video recording has stopped.

local NVR + remote NVR + SD card + Tapo app streaming/recording are now working (as expected).

Product Feature Request: It would be good to be able to see in the Tapo app how many clients (including SD card) are connected* to the camera and via which stream. Throughput rate (kb/s) against each of these could also be beneficial.

* By connected I mean, streaming or recording (in the case of the SD card)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-30 08:22:46

@JavidC Glad to know this has been sorted out! 

Thank you for your improvement suggestion with how many streams are being used by camera, I'd record this suggestion here for further evaluation. 

Options
2022-07-18 08:44:40

@JavidC I know this thread is a little old now but I also ran in to this problem recently. I've been using iSpy for sometime but recently added an additional Tapo camera. Thought I'd give the free trial a go and hey presto - my streams to iSpy stopped working. Glad I found this thread as I wasn't aware of the limitations on streams. 

I'd agree one more stream would be useful so that the cameras can record to SD card all the time regardless of whatever else is being used along with supporting the Tapo cloud and local streams. That would keep everyone happy I think!

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1006

Replies: 10