Tapo C310 does not trigger smart actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 16:17:20
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Hi all,

I've bought a Tapo C310 Camera to detect motion to trigger a Tapo P100 smart plug for some seconds and then I realized that Tapo cameras do not trigger smart actions. Very hard to understand why from a technical point of view this stills not implemented. This camera cannot be smart if only triggers a sound or a simple notification.

When is planned to be implemented? or shall I look for other alternative?

It's a pity because Tapo devices are almost perfect and for a very basic missing thing are totally useless in my use case: Cats among other animals detection (from Tapo C310) in my backyard and trigger the garden irrigation plugged into Tapo P100 during some seconds in order to drive off them.

If it is not planned to release a firmware to fix this soon, I'm going to return devices to Amazon and try another alternative. I was considering updating all smart devices to Tapo.

Marcel.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 does not trigger smart actions
2022-05-31 12:14:02 - last edited 2022-08-11 11:54:42

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature and here are some updates with this feature: 

Tapo Camera 1. Motion Triggered Automation  2.  Privacy Mode Action in Shortcut /Automation have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0  ,visit thread below to learn about the new features: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could or leave your comment on  corresponding thread directly,  this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 568

Replies: 1

Related Articles