What's is the error message about NVR and SD card recording?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-14 05:36:13 - last edited 2022-06-30 12:18:15
Model: TC60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've started getting an error message saying:

"Tapo Care works best with one of NVR or SD card recording, not both"

This is clearly a message for geeks, so in plain English please, what does this message mean exactly, for example does it mean the camera cannot both record on the sd card and the cloud so has disabled cloud recording?

Thankyou

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What's is the error message about NVR and SD card recording?-Solution
2022-06-15 03:51:11 - last edited 2022-06-16 20:34:36

Hello   @Hmmmm888 

The Camera supports two of the three functions among Tapo Care/SD card Recording/NVR (NVR means ONVIF or RTSP streaming here) working at the same time and here is an QA explaining this 

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

If this note pops upyou could either unplug SD / deactivate Tapo care (free trial)/ turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection before test the other two functions. 

For example,  if you wish to use SD card recording and Tapo Care , then turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection to ensure performance.

If you do have not used ONVIF or RTSP software or have no idea what that is, you could tap ' Don't Remind me again' to ignore this message first. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:What's is the error message about NVR and SD card recording?-Solution
2022-06-15 03:51:11 - last edited 2022-06-16 20:34:36

Hello   @Hmmmm888 

The Camera supports two of the three functions among Tapo Care/SD card Recording/NVR (NVR means ONVIF or RTSP streaming here) working at the same time and here is an QA explaining this 

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

If this note pops upyou could either unplug SD / deactivate Tapo care (free trial)/ turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection before test the other two functions. 

For example,  if you wish to use SD card recording and Tapo Care , then turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection to ensure performance.

If you do have not used ONVIF or RTSP software or have no idea what that is, you could tap ' Don't Remind me again' to ignore this message first. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:What's is the error message about NVR and SD card recording?
2022-06-15 17:31:12

@Solla-topee Thanks, thats clear, only how do you turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection? I can find no option in the app to do that.

Options
2022-06-16 01:07:04 - last edited 2022-06-16 01:09:44

Hello   @Hmmmm888 

To turn off ONVIF/RTSP connection, shut off the third-party ONVIF or RTSP software  in the local network in case they are making reques from camera.

If the prompt still show up, tap 'do not remind me again' to ignore it or factory reset the camera to clear the settings on camera then do not set up Tapo Account.

I'm also checking with our team and see if there is any possibility to disconnect NVR connection (ONVIF and rtsp) directly from the APP, which would be easier for users to turn NVR connection off. 

Options
2022-06-16 20:34:24

@Solla-topee 

Thanks, I think you've covered it all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 4

Related Articles