Control Home and Away detection modes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-15 08:46:30
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Both my wife and I have Android phones. I setup the Home and Away detection modes on my phone and they work great. When I am away on business I want my wife to be able to activate/deactivate the Home and Away detection modes. I tried Sharing but that only seems to let her use live view and not control Home and Away.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Colin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Control Home and Away detection modes
2022-06-15 09:22:39

Hello  @CKAJCA 

Tapo APP allows to login admin account on multiple phones,if a second mobile device needs the full permissions of camera, like Talk/ Vioce Call /Home or Away mode etc, you could try to log in admin account using same email address and password on that second device. Hope this helps!

Here is an FAQ explaining shared account permissions:

How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) with your families

Device Sharing permission for tapo camera is one pf the Popular Feature Requests for Tapo, you could go to corresponding thread, vote and comment for this feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 1