C310 not recording at the cloud all time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 22:51:29 - last edited 2022-06-21 22:53:40
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. My c310 is not recording all time every day at the cloud. One day is not recording eg 09:00- 14:00 , the other day is not recording eg 17:00-21:00.

Everything is updated, the camera is rebooted, also I did format to the camera, checked that the program is for 24h to record. 

Also I'm not at the trial period. Ive paid for the month and checked to choose the camera at the subscription.

Why's that happening??

Options
8 Reply
Re:C310 not recording at the cloud all time
2022-06-22 00:53:59 - last edited 2022-06-27 08:26:09

Hello   @Markoulida 

Thank you for your detailed post. 

• As the camera starts recording to the cloud when an event is detected, please check if motion is detected by the Camera. 

Can you check were there any motion triggered video clips on Playback timeline at the time when there is no cloud recording? 

Or you could enable 'Alarm' for the camera and see if the Alarm goes off when a motion is detected at the time when there is no cloud recording? 

• Please ensure Tapo APP and camera firmware are both up to date. 

To look into the issue further, can you share the information below: 

1) a photo showing no Cloud Videos  &  the phenomena in detail. For e.g. from 6 AM-1 PM, motion is detected, camera alarm goes off and pushes notifications on the phone, but no cloud videos at that time. 

2) Model of phone and its Android/ IOS version

3) Camera MAC address, TP-Link ID, Tapo APP version

4) Please enable diagnostic mode, collect the camera log and share the log file with us

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Options
2022-06-24 01:16:16 - last edited 2022-06-24 01:22:34

@Solla-topee hello. I can't understand what's happening.

Yesterday all day long the camera was working perfectly 24/24 and uploading to the cloud without problems. 

Today was uploading to cloud from 00:00 to 00:04 and until now (04:00) is not uploading and also I can't connect to the camera for live view. I refreshed the camera but nothing.

I turned on the alarm and indeed everytime it catches a move you can here the alarm, so this means the camera is recognizing the movement. The problem is that's it's not uploading 

I have the feeling that the problems started after I changed the connection to the internet via Ethernet. But I'm  not pretty sure that with wifi I didn't have the problems 

Options
2022-06-24 02:28:47 - last edited 2022-06-24 02:37:23

Hello @Markoulida 

If Live view does not even work now, you could factory reset the camera to clear the all settings, reinstall it on the APP and see if Live view & Cloud video recovers without any settings.  How to reset my Tapo camera

Ensure Device firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date.  The cloud videos are associated with your account and will be still there. 

Here is another FAQ that might help What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?

If still the same, may I know do you use any third party RTSP/ONVIF software to stream camera? Please the photos showing phonon, and help save the camera log and share the log file with us, thank you. How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Options
2022-06-24 08:31:14

@Solla-topee I did factory reset the camera. I have live view now. What about the fact that it's not uploading to the cloud some random hours? 

Options
2022-06-27 08:19:20 - last edited 2022-06-27 10:28:23

Hello   @Markoulida 

Kindly note that only motion or sound triggered events will be uploaded to the cloud, cloud recording is not 24/7. 

So please ensure there was an event detected first, if you use SD card recording, check if there is any motion detection video clip ( check in Tapo APP > Playback> Timeline> Video clips in Orange color)

May I know do you have a SD card, to look into that further, please enable diagnostic mode for camera, collect the camera log and share  the log file here,. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

If it is possible, please help take a photo and provide case details below , and I may need to get your case escalated to seniors for further analyze. Thank you. 

1) a photo showing no Cloud Videos  &  the phenomena in detail. For e.g. from 6 AM-1 PM, motion is detected, camera alarm goes off and pushes notifications on the phone, but no cloud videos at that time. 

2) Model of phone and its Android/ IOS version

3) Camera MAC address, TP-Link ID, Tapo APP version

Options
2022-06-29 08:06:19 - last edited 2022-06-29 09:50:46

@Solla-topee hello. So I have sd card with the loop recording. The alarm goes on but no record at cloud. From the photos you can see the Time is 10:55 from my mobile but the record stopped at 9:56 though many cars/people/my dog passed in front of the camera and the alarm went on. I also post the timeline . Also at the messages (the mail box in the app that has the notifications, no message- notification has come after 9:56). 

My phone is Poco X3 pro android 12 SKQ1.211006.001,  tapo 2.8.14. the rest (cam id Mac etc should I post them here?)

Also to tell you that the camera is also not recording at the SD card the same hours as the camera doesn't upload to the cloud 

Options
2022-06-30 03:03:22 - last edited 2022-06-30 03:25:21

Hello  @Markoulida 

Can you share the MAC/ TP-Link ID email via private message. You could click my portrait to send a private message.

If you have collected the camera log,  you might share via good drive link. 

To better assist with your case, I created a support email TKID220631895 to look into that further, please also check  your email inbox. 

Options
2022-07-04 09:00:57

Hello  @Markoulida 

If you still experience the same concern, please reply to support email TKID220631895 .

You could share the MAC address of camera / TPlink ID with us via private message by clicking the portrait. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 8

Related Articles