Tapo C210 unable to format 64GB Sandisk Class10 SDXC memory card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 11:49:48
Tags: #MicroSD card #Tapo C210
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

I initially bought two pcs of C210 together with two pcs 64GB Sandisk Class10 SDXC memory cards.

I tested the memory cards, they oth work on the other C210 camera, but conituously failed for the second one.

I refunded the other and purchased a new C210 only to have the same issue!

The memory card is detected, but unable to format it thru the Tapo app. It keeps on saying "There's a problem with the SD card".

Again, the SD cards was tested and working on the other C210 I purchased.

Both my Tapo app and camera are using the latest firmwares.

The articles says that this camera should support up to 128gb, but it also says that Sd cards should be in Fat32. This is a bummer, because if I understood it correctly, all SDcards 64GB and above are formatted as exFat, while 32gb and lower are Fat32. Notice the inconsistency?

Anyway, I did a fair amount of research and tried numerous methods based on what I found:
1. Used guiformat app on pc to format it to Fat32 - did not help.

2. Format the SD card using a camera, I used my Insta360 onex2 - did not help.
     (this is anothe bummer, my onex2 recognizes and able to format the SDcard but this little crappy bastard won't.)
3. Removed the camera from my Tapo app and re-added it, then inserted the SD card. When prompted to initialize, I did but it failed. Gone to setting to format the "unformatted" SD card, then it fails and says "there's a problem with the SD card".

The tech support, they're all the same, they use the same spiel pointing that the SD card might be fake. I bought mine from Sandisk's official online store, and the fact that it worked on the other C210 I have is more than enough proof! 

SO WHAT'S YOUR NEXT EXCUSE?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 unable to format 64GB Sandisk Class10 SDXC memory card
2022-06-24 06:29:46 - last edited 2022-06-24 06:32:43

Hello   @Xnell 

Tapo APP should be able to format the SD into FAT32 not matter it was FAT32 or exFAT. 

Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras? 

As some data SD cards may not suitable for camera recording, it is recommended to test a High Enduration SD or SD that advertised support live time recording or camera recording.  

May I know the Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)

To look into the case further, can you help provide some case details here (bypass the information you've provided  1.  Camera model and hardware version 2.  Brand & Capacity of the SD  )  3.  photo of SD card 4.  photo of H2testw test result  5.  photo of the error in Tapo APP  Thank you.

Options