Manual Firmware Flash

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Manual Firmware Flash

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Manual Firmware Flash
Manual Firmware Flash
2022-06-23 12:52:14
Model: KC400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

A while back I did a firmware update on four KC400s.  Three of them were sucessful and the fourth failed.  I factory reset the camera, but it will ocassionally drop from the network and reboot itself.  Is it possible to connect this device to my workstation and install the firmware again?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Manual Firmware Flash
2022-06-27 06:37:25

Hello   @JuniperMS 

For kasa camera, the firmware update is done on Kasa APP and no way to manual update for it so far.

• Ensure that you are using the original power adapter for the Kasa camera ; try a different power outage

How to reset the TP-Link Kasa camera 

May I know was there any power outage or Wi-Fi disconnection, APP close during firmware update process or did it report update failed at the end of update process?

Can you describe how the camera reboots and how often did that happen, is reboot issue starts since the firmware update or update failure? 

What is the MAC address and problematic camera, please share via private message.

If the camera start reboot after the update failure, and you have double-checked the power adapter and powers ounce, it could be a fault on camera, it is recommended to reach support or contact retailer to check device warranty. 

Options
Re:Manual Firmware Flash
2022-06-28 15:20:37

@Solla-topee all four cameras were upgraded at the same time.  Only this camrea reported "update failed" in the app at the end of update process.  After furthur investigation, the camera isn't rebooting, it's not staying conencted to WiFi.  This only began after the update failed and I did push the update again and it came back sucessful.  I will send the MAC address in a private message as requested.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 2